- advertisement -

Near Greenville, SC?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nevaeh's mommy, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Nevaeh's mommy

Nevaeh's mommy Approved members

Does anyone live near the Greenville, SC area that has a type 1 child near the age of 6? My little girl, Nevaeh, was diagnosed a little over a year ago and so wants a friend she can relate to and talk to. Please let me know if you are in the area and have a child that is looking for the same friend!

2. Williamsville mommy

Williamsville mommy Approved members

I posted something similar for my daughter in the buffalo ny area...no response either. Makes me sad. Good luck in your search. And in mine. :(

3. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

I live in the Greer, SC area but unfortunately I have a 10 yr. old boy. I would suggest that you contact the local JDRF office in Greenville. The number for the local office is 864-770-0279. I hope that they will be able to help you. :)

4. JamieP

JamieP Approved members

I'm in FL so no help, but have you joined the Facebook group for the DRI? It's called the PEP (Parents Empowering Parents) Squad and its a great group of T1 moms. You may be able to find someone in your area in that group. I think you can request an add on your own, but if not, please feel free to send me a message with your Facebook id. I think I just have to friend you and then add you.

Hope to see in you in the PEP Squad!

5. Nevaeh's mommy

Nevaeh's mommy Approved members

Thank you for your responses!

I wish I could magically find someone for her bc I know how much she wants a friend to relate to. It's hard to see your child struggle with something and have no one to relate to. I want this so bad for her.

Good luck to you all in finding someone in your areas too!

I will check the Facebook group out, thank you!

Thank you again for your responses!

6. timkris724

timkris724 Approved members

Williamsville Mommy!!!!!! I am a Williamsville Mommy to a 4 year old with diabetes and I run the local parents group which also holds events for the kids as well. There are a bunch of preschool kids in our area, email me! Kristin timkris724@yahoo.com

7. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Hey! It looked like this worked this time!

My son attended a day camp for children with diabetes for 15 years. That was all he needed to not feel alone.