- advertisement -

NC Health Choice users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mrs Puff, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Mrs Puff

Mrs Puff Approved members

We use NC Health Choice and my son is interested in getting on the pump. Recently NC stopped covering our Contour test strips and we had to change to Accu-Chek. They also stopped covering ketone strips and lancets. I am not going to gripe, I am thankful for any help we can get. Anyhoo, I don't want to waste time researching pumps only to find out that they wont cover the one we want. I have looked at their website and can't find any info. Does anyone know if NC Health Choice will only cover certain pumps?

2. mmc51264

mmc51264 Approved members

call your endos office and they might be able to the legwork for you. Their billing people should know which are covered and which are not.

Good luck on Nursing!! One semester to go for me.
    I am in Raleigh area.

3. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

The pump people are usually awesome at figuring this out - they'll do all the research for you. They know that insurance approval is a major factor in choosing a pump, supplies, etc.