- advertisement -

Navigator Sensor Rebate for Expired Sensors?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by dragonblimps_mom, Aug 28, 2011.

1. dragonblimps_mom

dragonblimps_mom Approved members

I finally called Abbott to get the rebate on my daughter's Navigator. They only offered us a refund for my unexpired sensors at the price on the bill from the mailorder company. They offered nothing on the five recently expired sensors I have. Anyone else have this experience?

2. zatff

zatff Approved members

I think this what most companies will do. Nothing for expired supplies. Usually they work fine for awhile beyond the expiration date so you might want to try use them up anyway since they no longer are worth anything.

3. dragonblimps_mom

dragonblimps_mom Approved members

Unfortunately I can't do that, Zatff. They offered me a rebate because it broke. They haven't been able to repair or replace broken systems since last year. So they've been offering generous rebates, including any unused sensors (new or outdated). My daughter's Navigator has lasted longer than most and now they've apparently stopped paying for the outdated sensors. I've posted on the diabetescgms@yahoogroups.com site. I'm hoping one of the adult diabetics might want to pick up some usable sensors at a bargain price. Otherwise I guess they go in the trash. :(