- advertisement -

Navigator - I found one!!!

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by lightnng, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

We did the same, you can put the tape either way, vertically or horizontally. Just a half inch or inch wide is plenty. Never wore it without that tape and neither has my son.

2. lightnng

lightnng Approved members

Got it!

I have, in my hands, a never-opened new Navigator starter kit. I'm almost afraid to pull it out of the box, it was such a journey to get it...

*happy little dance*

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We put tape over the transmitter too, after we lost one on the playground because she went down the slide backwards on her stomach and stripped it off her arm.

We leave it on and when I do a "reset", the tape helps keep the sensor in place and I rarely get sensor errors during the 2nd 5 days, where I used to get them all the time when I did a reset without the tape on it.

4. selketine

selketine Approved members

Awesome! I hope ours comes by Tuesday or so.

I agree about the little piece of tape - we use Opsite - thin strip - over the top diagonally. And I agree with Nancy that when you reset it helps to have that little strip there -we leave it on and pull the transmitter back just enough to tell the receiver we removed the sensor then slide it right back. Sometimes I stick a credit card in there to keep the transmitter from making contact.

It would be way funnier to tell people you lost it on the playground going down the slide rather than bumped in the crowd - LOL!

5. khannen

khannen Approved members

Just a quick "me too" to add to this thread. With the help of someone else, I was able to track down a unit to purchase. Yahoo! I had called tons of places with no luck until then. I've no returned my buggy unit for the refund and will register our new unit and keep my fingers crossed on the future of the navigator! :)

6. selketine

selketine Approved members

That's great! Ours should be in the mail - I thought I might get it today but no luck - hopefully tomorrow.:)