- advertisement -

NASCAR driver races to stop diabetes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

2. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

Thank you for posting this! My DS knew about Charlie Kimball, but we don't watch much of the Nationwide series, so we were unaware of Ryan. I will be letting him know :)

3. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

I interviewed and did a post on Ryan back in February, and one thing that stood out to me about his story: how cool it was that it was Charlie Kimball's story that really inspired him to realize he "can do this." Pretty amazing, how one inspiring story has ripple effects... finally got to meet Ryan at the Scientific Sessions in June, and what a cool guy. Very much a great voice of advocacy and awareness for our community!

4. Gomod71

Gomod71 Approved members

My son races caged go-karts at the age of 12. It's very inspiring to him to have other drivers with diabetes race. It goes to show our kids with diabetes CAN do anything!

It also offers us an opportunity to help educate others, as his Dex prompts a lot of questions. Quite frequently his answer to "what is that" is something humorous and racing related.

5. Hayden2007

Hayden2007 Approved members

Ryan is from our hometown. He is truly inspiring. We have meet and spoke with him several times. His foundation, Ryan's Mission,does a lot in the community. He is a great role model for those with T1D. I am excited to see him chasing him dream and it truly shows that you can do anything, even with T1D!!