- advertisement -

Name your Murphy's Law pet-peeve

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by StillMamamia, May 21, 2009.

1. Reese'sMom

Reese'sMom Approved members

Yeah...this happened in January. We had a Disney Cruise planned, and Reese was dx'd with type-1 3-days before we were supposed to leave:cwds:. We went anyway and had a great time!

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

My new favorite -
    Ok Coco - we are going to be really diligent this week and have great #'s - we will do this as a team...

Did you bolus those 20 carbs this am?

Yep...

You sure...

Yep...

100% sure...

eye roll....

3 hrs later she says whoops...

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

OMG!! This is the story of my life!!:eek: Just happened last week too. I was so darn embarrassed!! Sink full of yucky dishes, dog fur on the floor, toys all over, and to top it all the shoes full of mud I had left at the entrance to clean after.:eek::eek: I was out the whole day and didn't do much that day. Oh Lord...I looked for a hole to crawl into, but couldn't find it...because of the mess.:D

Oh, this one was my youngest all the time before - about ready to go out, usually running a tad late and stressing - youngest poops in his diaper!:eek:

Also, meeting someone you really don't want to when your hair, your clothes, everything look like something the cat dragged in.:rolleyes:

4. KelliTwins

KelliTwins Approved members

We've had our house on the market for 3 months with no offers. We decide to take it off the market so that we can plan for Greg attending kindergarten in the fall, and we get tons of showings and interest. So frustrating!
    Also, I can be absolutely healthy and feeling wonderful, and as soon as we have a vacation from work (I work in a school), I end up sick! It makes me crazy! :rolleyes:

5. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

Whenever I decided to keep my daughter home for a cold, she ends up fine and running around all day. Then the next day when I send her in she's worse.

6. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

ROFL...I hear you girl. LOL.
    my personal peeve...
    Just when you have the kitchen floor washed, dh comes tracking mud all over it...

7. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

Plan a wonderful vacation , big road trip to someplace fantastic like Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon, excited to get on the road just to have the Van break down in flat plains of Nebraska with nothing around ya!:(

Or in hot New Mexico, with not even a gas station in site. That van died last year so I have my fingers crossed for our next trip! :D

Or heading out on your big vacation and ask everyone got their jacket and shoes? YES yes yes Mommy....
    Not believing them...Are you sure? three more yes'

5 hours later, Mom I forgot my shoes.:rolleyes:

8. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

How about, as soon as you leave the doctor's office and xe doesn't see you, all the symptoms you wanted him or her to see will flare up :(

Or, why is it that the more places I apply to, the more reject me?

9. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

How about this?

Your 18 year old son doesn't have a girlfriend but is very popular at school, so he decides to ask a girl to Prom who wouldn't otherwise have a date (proud Dad moment). But he has a soccer game in Columbus (an hour and 20 minute drive). The big group was going to go to Cincinnati to have dinner, but change their plans to go to Columbus to eat so your son can meet up with his date and the group at the restaurant. (Another proud moment since your kid must be special if 25 people will change their plans for him). The field he's playing at has shower facilities available.

You decide the kid will take his own car to Columbus and you will follow a couple hours later so you can get some yardwork done. You tell the boy to take his tux and a camera with him. He agrees.

The next day, you spend the entire morning trying to find out where the mold smell is coming from in the backroom of the house. Son gets up, showers and leaves. Mom and little brother go to pick up little brother's tux cuz even though he's a Freshman, he got asked by a Senior to go to prom. You shower and leave a little late for the game. Drive an hour and then get a phone call from your wife who asks if you have the 18 year old's tux. You say, "No, he took it with him" and your wife says "No, it's hanging on the Bowflex in his room." :eek: Turn around, meet the wife part way and drive like a madman for an hour plus to get the tux to the kid at the soccer field.

There's more, but this is frustrating enough for one post. Hint: he didn't take the camera, either.

10. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

Oh I hear ya loud and clear. Sharon mistaken erased all of Justin's prom pics on our digital camera before I had a chance to upload them in my comp. The only reason you see the "before prom" pic I have in my other post is because we were using our video camera as well and managed to nab a still photo off of it instead.

11. madde

madde Approved members

When you go to the bathroom and realize there is no toilet paper, and no one else is in the house.:eek:

12. shekov

shekov Approved members

How about finally finding time in the day to lay down for a short, well needed, and much desrved nap only to have the phone ring, the dog bark incessantly at nothing, the UPS guy show up....:mad:

13. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Heck, that's nothing. Same situation, two kids in the hosue, both with their iPod earbuds in their ears. You scream for them and end up stranded and hoarse.

14. StillMamamia

Yes, BTDT:eek: And let me tell you kitchen paper works but is rough.:eek:

15. Zoe'sMom

Zoe'sMom Approved members

The story of my life, multiplied by 2 (twins)...

16. Zoe'sMom

How about: the night before your 2-week vacation, you smell something funny in a kid's bedroom, apparently coming from the heating duct.

After sending the kid to sleep in another room, removing part of the duct and demolishing part of the downstair's room ceiling, you discover that a mouse has decided to die in the wall's insulation between the floor and the ceiling...

The gods must have been with us, because we left on time the next morning, and when we came back the smell was gone (after a generous spray of bleach, of course)

17. Christopher's Mom

Christopher's Mom Approved members

How about - going to the grocery store for milk and buying everything else BUT the milk...

18. Zoe'sMom

You're checking your kid's BG with the last strip of the container, not close to another, new, container.

You will probably not get enough blood to fill the strip, even if it never happens.

19. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

How about buying a new vehicle and being fooled into thinking it's the most reliable you've ever owned during the time the warranty is still valid only to start having expensive problems with it not long after the warranty has expired.

20. StillMamamia

And how about when you go to the restaurant, your kids INSIST they want pizza, you order said pizza, and pasta for yourself, and end up eating the pizza because kids DECIDE that they want your pasta?:rolleyes:

ETA - not sure if Murphy's at fault here, hehe.