- advertisement -

My very first prom

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by bibrahim, May 8, 2011.

1. bibrahim

bibrahim Approved members

I didn't go to prom...so today was my very first prom via my 16yo daughter. It was great...she went "stag" as she is a sophomore and didn't get asked. Two of her friends going together invited sophomores (only Jrs/Sr can buy tickets) and she went along with a big group of kids. The kids got to "rent" the booster bus and ride together to a nearby town for dinner at Izzy's. It was great and the total cost was $60.00 because she wore her sweet sixteen dress/accessories and all we had to pay was a bit of gas money for the bus, pictures, and the ticket into prom. She just called and said she had fun...is on her way to her friends for a sleepover and will call when she gets there.

The best part was she let me go take pictures of the group before they took off. I didn't want to intrude and kept asking if she wanted me to leave and she kept saying no so I even got to see them drive off. These teen years are hard so we have to enjoy the fun moments when they happen.

Way to do prom!

2. irishmom

irishmom Approved members

That's awesome..glad she was having fun...i didnt go to prom either...i dropeed out of hs very early....so I hope my kids realize how much fun it will be...

marcia

3. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

There was a really sweet news story about a HS senior who took his mother to his prom, as his date, because she didn't get to go to hers. I'm glad you got to spend some special time with your daughter; hope you got some great photos.