- advertisement -

My trip to Boston kind of stunk

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by kierbabi09, Sep 27, 2008.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Well first of all it stated out really badly. We were planning to leave at 3AM so my friend and I decided to wait up. Well we made it to 11:00 and went to bed! We were so tired. We set our alarm for 2am. So we got 3 hours of sleep. Well at 11:00 I was 300 and I kept havong to go to the bathroom. At 3:00 when we were leaving I was only 253 and I knew that if I didn't give myself insulin I would keep going to the bathroom and her mom didn't want to stop. SO I gave myself 2 units figuring it should bring me down to 150. Well I was 172 at 6:45 and jave been ober 200 ALL DAY. I just won't come down. Grrr. we had fun otherwise, but the ride was LONG. 6 hours each way. Boy, I don't want to drive to Boston ever again. Ohh we just visited Boston and left, no shopping. ANd currently I am going on on;y 3 hours of sleep and I am so stinking tired. But again, we still had fun:)

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

3 hours...you must be really tired.

Did your insulin expire or lose its potency? I'd switch out the bottle just to make sure.

3. kierbabi09

I use a pen, and just opened it, but because of my sleeping times being WAY off I totally forgot Lantus:eek: That's probably why, huh?
    I'm SO exhausted, and I just wanna go sleep for like 12 hours straight. I have NOT eaten since about 1:00 or so and I am STILL high, around 215.

oh and i have noticed that when I'm tired I tend to run REALLY high. ANybody have a clue as to why that is????

4. misscaitp

Oh..I was going to ask that but I thought maybe she had taken it. Have no idea why that when your tired your high.

By the way since your going to the bathroom a lot I'd check for ketones, just to make sure the lantus miss didn't effect that.

5. kierbabi09

Hmm I've never thought to check ketones tonight, last night and today I didn;t have the strips on me, I only take them if I'm going on a trip that I know will last a few days.
    Good idea, thanks:)

6. kierbabi09

I'm now 264:( and I don't feel good. Hopefull I'm not getting sick, everyone in my house has just gotten over getting sick, though nothing major.

7. misscaitp

What time do you usually give yourself lantus?

8. misscaitp

Sorry your not feeling well again!:(

9. kierbabi09

Lantus is 8am on weekends and around 6am on school days.
    ANd thanks, I think I don't feel well from lack of sleep. I can't keep my eyes open so I'm going to bed. Good Night!