- advertisement -

My sincere apology- please read

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by type?girl1018, Oct 28, 2009.

1. wilf

wilf Approved members

I guess I must have missed a lot of the melodrama, which seems like it's a good thing. :rolleyes:

Obviously you're "on probation", and I'm sure you can understand that. I'm not one to cast stones as I've done a lot of stupid things in my time, and have received plenty of forgiveness from those I hurt.

I will always provide a response to a D-related question/issue if I see it and if it falls within the areas I feel competent to be answering. The motivation of those who post is less interesting to me than the potential learning to be had from my response by the poster, myself, and those tuning in to a thread.. :cwds:

2. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

I missed most of the drama (on purpose). Type 1 diabetes is more drama than I need already.

If I had donated supplies to you, my hope would be that you would pay it forward when you are able.

If you post a d-related question and I feel that I can provide some input, I will post a response.

3. wilf

wilf Approved members

My father was manic depressive (the older and in my view more aptly descriptive name for bipolar disorder). When he was off his meds and high, he would often try to spin up a good yarn and see if people fell for it.

It used to make me really mad until I finally grasped that this was a symptom of his illness, not something he was doing with the intent to hurt people. That's the funny thing about mental illness - the symptoms (ie. the behaviours) tend to make others really angry, alienated, or afraid.

Just as I would not be angry with a person with Alzheimers for forgetting things and just as we hope that people will not be alienated by our children with D (even if they behave inappropriately when high or low), I think it behooves us to think about how we respond to people with mental illness.

Almost all of us will at least consider stopping or calling for help for someone who is choking or suffering a heart attack. We feel sympathy for and do our best to comfort and provide support to those who have cancer. But few of us will do anything at all to help someone who is clearly psychotic or otherwise showing symptoms of mental illness, even though their needs are just as real.

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Wow! I never thought I would see you around for sure. I am shocked, surprised but, in a way, relieved, to see you back. That is because you have a great chance now to step up and make amends. Apologies are one thing, but when people get hurt, they need more than that. They need actions to show that you're for real. Whether it be giving back the supplies they so kindly offered to you, or repaying them in another way, your choice.

I don't know if I believe you or not. I don't know you, as you don't know us, but I believe in making things right, and, if you're for real, you have one heck of a chance that life is giving you the gift to make things right. Use it.

What kind of treatment are you getting for bipolar disorder?

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Thank you for saying this more elegantly than I ever could..:cwds:

Yes, when I read the OP's post my initial reaction was shock, and my knee-jerk response was that she hurt me like she hurt many people, and that I wasn't going to fall for that again. BUT, one of the first lessons I was ever taught was forgiveness, and I try to remember that, and I try to give people a second chance.

I don't know for sure whether you are any more real this time around, Heather. And I am certain that it will take all of us time to trust you again. However, I would never let a D question which I have the capability to answer go unanswered.. However sceptical I might be inside my head, there's too much at stake when somebody posts about a D issue to ignore it. That is why last year, even when I was seriously doubting whether you were for real, I still tried to help with the emergencies in your posts, and why I would still do it again in a heartbeat.

6. momma_fish2007

momma_fish2007 Approved members

Sounds good to me :)

7. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

That's all very true.

In this case, however, we have no way of knowing if her story is true this time or not... As far as I know, no one on here knows her personally, aside from what they were duped into believing.

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I really had every intention of staying out of this but I have to ask ... Isn't your avitar picture that of the "niece" who you claimed also had D ? Is she, and that part of the story, part of the truth or part of the fiction?

9. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

I was not posting here when all this took place and it sure does sound like it was a mess. When I first came here I sensed that a lot of people were "looking" for trolls and now I understand why. Although I don't understand why anyone would send supplies to someone that they don't actually know unless they were truly excess. I usually try not to send supplies to someone that has only posted for that reason, because I am suspicious. I check out their story first and I don't think that I have ever been fooled and feel good that I was able to help someone in need. It sounds as if she was really convincing and that people were taken advantage of, but no one should give away anything that they or their kids actually need.
    There are other diabetes forums that she could post on and start fresh and it looks like that would be the best thing for her to do rather than start posting here again with people doubting and wondering all of the time. I know that Bipolar makes people do some crazy things, and it is an illness that needs to be treated for life as far as I know. It looks as if she has lived without posting here for almost a year and I would urge her to find a different place to post. It seems like it would be better for all since there are so many that seem to have been affected by all of the dishonesty. Everything that she says will be scrutinized and it the mistrust show up in the responses.

10. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I would agree, except that the D community overlaps and many people are on multiple forums.. Heck, I must have tried out every D related forum there is.. ;) I know that after the issues last year, Heather ended up banned (I think??) from Juvenation as well...

11. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Not buying it. I have seen these kind of postings before. They jump from one forum to another and then back to the original with apologies. Life is already too dramatic to have to deal with more of this.

12. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

I don't remember all the drama.... but here it is again, another post, people getting upset, etc. - a different set of issues....

If you really wanted to avoid all of this, why didn't you just pick a new name, start over and let the past stay in the past? You could make up by helping others, and not by looking for attention and validation.

13. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

And, conversely, if you have such a problem with this poster's presence, ignore this poster and go about your CWD life. Doesn't really need to be a state emergency IMO.

14. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Heather, I wish you well, and yet I wish you far, far away.

A warning to you all. I was also one who was duped. Heather pm me and claimed she was having heart surgery in Children's Hospital Boston. She also claimed to have celiac and was worried about her diet in the hospital.

I gave her my real name, Ava's Drs. name, and I sent an email to the head of in patient nutrition at Children's (who I am quite friendly with) asking her to please look out for Heather and make sure she gets some yummy food.

Heather declined my invitation to bring her home cooked meals while she was in the hospital, because BIG SURPRISE, she wasn't actually there!

I forgive you Heather, and hope you are getting excellent care. However, I don't believe someone who purposefully makes up lie after lie, belongs on a SUPPORT GROUP.

I am concerned for newer members who don't know your history. I am aslo quite concerned that you will make up inaccurate advice that could cause harm. I will be sending a message to Jeff asking him to ban you.

I wish you well in your life. And hope you can learn from this and move on. I certainly have.

15. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Mary, this is the EXACT reason why so many people question newbies and IT SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT!! SHE took that trust from a lot of people. There are currently trolls on this board, I guarentee that.. She changed the way this board use to be, put a lot of distrust in people, I HATE the fact that I question every new person that comes to the board, I READ into everything now.. I WAS NEVER like that before.. I try SO HARD not to do it, but I do..

I do not and will not ever believe anything the O/P has to say.

16. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Heather, I wish you well, but you took advantage of good people. I hope you are getting the medical help you need.

I will answer any d related question you may ever have, but I won't even consider looking at any other type posts you may make.

Once bitten, twice shy.

17. abacobaby

abacobaby Approved members

Honestly? While I was reading your post and all the different responses, I did keep thinking about the new people joining here all the time, who really need advice and a place to come for support. These people would not know about your CWD past and could take advice from you that could potentially cause problems.

I'm sorry you are going through other non-D related issues in your life. I pray that you get the best help possible, but honestly, I don't think coming back to this board was the best thing to do.

18. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

So your name is Heather? Heather, I dont know anything that happened last year with you but this past spring I got my feelings hurt badly by a troll in here. She took complete advantage of my naive, trusting soul. I come here for support and comfort and always offer that to others. I trusted her, befriended her and she ended up betraying that trust by not being who she said she was. That hurt my heart because I defended her to many people and ended up looking like an a**.

I dont think you can expect people that youve made a fool of to want to accept you back here. If you truly have emotional problems you need to get those dealt with first and foremost. If you have diabetes and celiac I hope you are taking good care of yourself. I dont know if anyone in here will ever be able to trust you again. If they put themselves out there for you and you betrayed them its doubtful. Just my opinion

19. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Out of interest, how did you convince Jeff to un-ban you?

20. buggle

buggle Approved members

I hate to give any attention to this thread and I hope it disappears soon. I just want to point out that notorious fakers are pretty rare. What I don't want to happen is what happened before when this OP was here -- where many new parents were under incredible scrutiny and some were run off who were genuine and were struggling with the new dx of their child.

Everyone -- please keep an open mind about new parents and don't let things like this make you doubt everyone. I thought the environment got ugly before and I don't want that to return.