- advertisement -

My sincere apology- please read

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by type?girl1018, Oct 28, 2009.

1. type?girl1018

type?girl1018 Approved members

Hi. If you're reading this I want to thank you. As you may remember, about this time last year i joined this community. During my time here i did some lying. i dont remember everthing i lied about but i know one of them was open heart surgery. that was a major exaggeration i had a minor procedure but not a valve transplant. I want you to know how sorry i am for lying but i hope you can understand why i did even though i really dont. last year i was going through a major depression and was eventually diagnosed with bipolar disorder. i felt alone and was looking for attention. i know there is absolutely no excuse for what i did and i am really truly sorry. one thing i never lied about was having type 1 diabetes and celiac disease. i really truly do have those 2 conditions. i would like to continue posting here again if yo will accept me and i promise to stick to only diabetes related or funny OT things. no more of my extra medical crap. i promise. again thank you for reading and i hope you can accept me back.

2. wilf

wilf Approved members

Well thanks for posting this, and for your honesty. Sounds like you've come through a challenging time, and have grown and matured.

I think your plan to stick to D-related topics is a good one, and I'm sure you'll be treated like anyone who is posting on those topics. Welcome back aboard. :cwds:

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Thank you for apologising, it does sound like you have been through a rough time, and hopefully learnt from it. I agree that sticking to D related and OT things seems like a good plan.

4. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

Welcome back. I hope you are as sincere as you sound. I am always willing to forgive. I have made a slew of mistakes in my lifetime and it took years for me to find my way .

5. Lee

Lee Approved members

100% honestly here, I am not sure I can accept what you say as truthful. I DO REMEMBER what you lied about, I do remember one of our members taking you medical supplies from her own resources based on your own untruths; I DO REMEMBER another member sending you a ketone meter and strips, which SHE NEEDED, to see you through a completely fake open heart surgery; I DO remember another member sending you test strips; and I DO remember you asking for insulin...

You took advantage of MANY people here who provided you with 100% support; and that is a VERY tough thing for me to get over...

However; I am one person...and I can choose to ignore your posts; as long as they are not seeking supplies from people that work hard for there money and are just barely making it financially.

One BIG part of growing up is dealing with the consequences of your actions...and in this case, the consequence is going to be not welcomed with warm messages and open arms from some long time members who have good memories.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I dont remember you from last year. Im kind of a sucker as some people here will attest to but I always welcome people in here that have d as everyone needs support.

7. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I am with you.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

8. wilf

wilf Approved members

I wasn't aware of the issue of needed supplies being sent in response to untruthful posts. Given that that was the case, there's a question of restitution or trying to make good that part of what happened that needs to be addressed.

9. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I'm with Becky, 100%... I've wanted to post, but wasn't sure quite how to put it, Becky put it the way I wanted to.

I for one, can't forgive you for what you lied about. You took supplies, LIFE SAVING SUPPLIES from people. You took advantage of people who wanted to help. To me, there is no forgiveness in that.

No one knows if this is another 'act' or not... personally I'm not interested in finding out. There are a lot of new members on the board that have NO IDEA what you did and how you took advantage of many members.. Frankly, I'm surprised you've shown back up here. :confused:

10. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy Approved members

Honesty is certainly the only way to be with others. Unfortunately you must realize that there are those that won't forgive. That is their right. I have no reason to judge you. I am not proud of some of my past conduct either. All I could do was humbly apologize and never do it again. Whether they forgave me or not was up to them and they will have to deal with it.

Someday we all will have to answer for our conduct and actions. You aren't fooling anyone in the end.
    Best wishes to you.

11. type?girl1018

type?girl1018 Approved members

Thank you for helping me remember some of the things people here are mad at me for. First of all let me say i believe that all the diabetes related stuff i posted was true. all the supplies i have recieved have been put to great use and i know i never asked for insulin. i would never do that its illegal. I dont remember anyone sending me test strips either. i would remember those things. However i accept what you and others are saying but i am going to continue to post on only d related subjects and not ask for or accept anything but advice in the hopes that i can regain some trust.

12. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

What about your brother(which I believe ended up being you) and your newly diagnosed niece? Was that real, or a lie, too?

Also, did you not return under a different SN shortly after the incident with a different diagnoses date and storyline? I remember that thread being deleted right away.

13. Lee

Lee Approved members

Honestly, YOU ARE THE REASON why so many of us here experience such mistrust for trolls, you made us aware that they are here, and you changed many peoples experiences here and shifted the environment from being 100% trusting to being shadowed with doubt. Honestly, the atmosphere shift that your shenanigans caused still affects this form. That is very hard to overcome and I hope you understand that...you where many of ours first experience with a troll...and you made some of us loose a large bit of our faith in this forum...that is a tough thing to overcome.

I say these things, becuase there are consequences to our actions. And by saying you are sorry for lying and that you do not remember what you lied about is a cop out. So, I WANT you to be aware of the harm that your actions did to some members of this community.

With that said, you ask a D question, I will give you a sincere answer.

14. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I remember it all very well. For whatever reason, you took advantage of my friends - their supplies, not to mention their sympathy, concern, and good will, and mine. Your memory is sketchy at best regarding what you asked for, and what you received. *IF* you are truly in a better place than you were a year ago, good on you.

I have very *REAL* concerns to deal with here, and I won't be expending any further time on your posts.

I call BS.

15. HarleyGuy

I could sure add to this.

16. Lee

Lee Approved members

Harely Guy, I know that is harsh; but it is also true...and if she is for fessing up and being a mature adult; then she needs to know the harm that her actions caused.

17. HarleyGuy

Oh, I understand. I just wanted to make a comment on the "troll" thing, but decided not too. I learned all to well. That's exactly why I changed the post.

18. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I will forgive you for what you did, but that doesn't mean there should not be consequences just because you apologize. I think you should replace all of the supplies, etc that you accepted under false pretenses or at least pay for them. These people went out of their way to help you and you took advantage of that. If you are sincerely honest in your apology, it will show eventually, if not that will show too. Remember it is up to you to make the changes for the better. Please know that dishonesty can never be tolerated. Be honest with yourself and with others.

19. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

The troll I sent test strips was last spring and she lived in Michigan. I'm still peeved about that. The thing is once someone lies to us, it makes it harder, if not impossible, to trust that person again. It also makes us wary of people who come in ask for help, etc. If you really want to be forgiven and trusted, then I for one think you have to earn that trust.

20. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I am a huge believer in second chances. I have many people I love that suffer from bipolar and I am really glad that you are getting help for it. My aunt has it really bad, when she does not take her meds. She still does not remember everything she did and how bad she hurt so many people. However, that does not mean she is any less sorry.

I do not know one perfect person. I also have no reason to believe that you are not really sorry for what you did.

I know that many will never accept your apology, but I do.

I will try and help with any advise I can. I would hate to think that there is someone out there that really needs help and there is no one to help them.

If you do not feel comfortable asking for help on here, you are more than welcome to PM me.

I wish you the best. I do not think you are some kind of monster. I think you are just a soul that needs help.