- advertisement -

My monitor just said HI to me...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ccarrol4, Oct 15, 2008.

1. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

:mad: Ok, so I just checked my BG for dinner and my freestyle freedom said HI. Jokingly, I said hi back, haha, but I knew I didn't feel HI. SO, I washed my hands, and checked again, it said 389. Still, I didn't think that was right, so I opened the Freestyle Lite meter I just got in the mail and checked with the sample strips it came with, BG on it was 246!!! That's the # I'm going with. Plus, my freedom meter has been taking longer than the 5seconds it's supposed to, it's taking like 10, is that a big deal? My conclusion is that somethings wrong with the monitor, which really SUCKS!!! Especially since my mom is out of work right now and really doesn't have the money to buy me a new monitor. I have plenty of strips for the non-Lite meter, but we can't afford to buy any strips for the lite meter at this point in time :confused: (I don't have insurane). I've had this monitor for about 4yrs, so maybe that's it.
    I know this was a bit ramblish, but what do you guys think? Think it's time for a new monitor?

2. beaniesmom

beaniesmom Approved members

When is the last time you replaced the batteries in your meter? I know when we were having problems, I called the company and that's the first question they asked me. If that's not it, call the company and tell them it's the only meter you've ever used, and you really don't want to switch, they may send you a replacement!

3. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

If you call the 1800 number they will give you a free meter and mail it to you.

4. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I ditto Jessica. We've had LO pop up once (when he wasn't anywhere near low) and it was simply a battery issue. But you could also just need a new meter. :)

5. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

No different from what the others have saud, but I MUST have that word, "ramblish."

That is an AWESOME word!

6. ccarrol4

LOL. It's all yours :)

7. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I bow to you.

8. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

you say HI~ I say goodbye

;)
    time for a new one, most meters come free just call the number. check to see if the strips can be used with new meter by calling the number on the monitor or copy web address below.

http://www.diabeticsuppliesinc.com/diabeticproducts/6-findingafreestylemeterforfree.html

9. MelissaC

MelissaC Approved members

I would not take any chances - imagine of you had corrected for the HI - is there anyway you can get a new meter - do youhave Chips or something like that ? Medicare or Caid?

I say get a new meter!

10. ccarrol4

No, I don't have anything like that. I talked to my mom about what's going on with my meter, and she's going to find a way to get me a new meter this weekend and then have my sis overnight it to me here at school.