- advertisement -

my mil is in hospital pls pray

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by 3js, Jun 26, 2008.

1. 3js

3js Approved members

with flesh eating disease. She is very heavy and has type2, which the surgeon said will work against her. She has been given a 50/50 chance- today is the second day and she is alert. Surgury was lastnight. It was only in fat/flesh, and did not go at time of surgury to organs or stomach wall. My son has anxiety disorder and is too scared to go today to see her again even thouh surgeon and family dr said its ok, just no touching.

2. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

I am so Sorry! Poor thing. I will say prayers for her and your families.

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. We'll be thinking about her.

4. Lee

Lee Approved members

I hope she recovers quickly and easily and takes the 50/50 and triumphs over it!

5. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I'm so sorry. How's your mil doing now in her recovery?

6. 3js

3js Approved members

She seems to be stable, and her wound looks good (according to surgeon). They keep it covered with plastic, but it is just a huge gaping thing, inner/top thigh is gone, and huge chunk from side to back on the abdomen.

It is literally hour to hour, as infection can reappear. Yesterday/today are tests to determine the exact bacteria.

If all goes well she will be in the hospital 2-3 months. But she actually likes the hospital and food, so not as bad as sounds.

I should clarify I have 2 mil`s. My dh is adopted. This is his birth mom. We have known them for last 7yrs and spend holidays ect xmas with them. I feel so bad for his sisters, as my dh is their only relative not over 50. My fil has kidney failure, and his grandma is in late 80`s. If his mom dies, his sisters will only have 3 living relatives.

I am scared to go now too, now that Ive been thinking about it. But dr`s and our gp say it`s fine. We wear gowns/masks/booties.

Thankyou all and pls keep hoping for her.

7. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

((Hugs)) Sending her and your family positive thoughts.

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I am so sorry. I hope she can recover and quickly! Definitely thinking of your MIL and your family.

9. Lee

Lee Approved members

I understand about being scared and it is ok to be. This is a scary thing, and we hear all kinds of horror stories about it. If I were in your shoes, I would be scared also , and I just want you to know that.

10. 3js

3js Approved members

She continues to improve. She has a vaccuum thing on her abdomen/side/thigh to keep air out and heal. No more masks and gowns, just no touching and wash wash wash. She is bored so that`s a good sign. Thanks to all. And thx Lee, I really felt kinga like a jerk, but I am worried about getting it, not to mention my child.

11. CButler

CButler Approved members

I'm sorry you have to stress of this to deal with. I will say a prayer for her.

12. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

I am sorry to hear about your mil. I am late seeing this but wanted you to know that I will be praying too.
    Judy

13. hurrayupmom

hurrayupmom Approved members

I hope all goes well for your MIL. Our prayers are with you and your family.

14. 3js

3js Approved members

Thank you everyone. She is doing "well" considering everything. She is beyond the hour by hour prognosis, and the surgeon says her wound looks good. At first they wouldn`t say anything hopeful. So that is good news.