- advertisement -

My FIL unexpectantly lost his fight with brain cancer.

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mmgirls, Apr 6, 2012.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

This really was to suddden, we had just got past the midpoint of radiation and chemo., and were focusing on what we would do after treaments where done.

While in radiation treatment he had a seizure, the first ever, and then passed on before they could do anything else.

It is just a shock. He is gone. I can not imagine any better way for this to have played out, aside from him being cured.

My MIL and aunt where close by, he was in a medical facility, my kids where not with them, which they had been the last to Thursdays. My husband was with my girls when he got the news.

He had had gotten in touch with alot of his freinds in the previous days and was expressing that he did not want to be disabled in any way.

My sister in law flew in yesterday with her family, and although they where not able to see him before he passed they where here the same day of his death from europe.

Please wish that we keep our strenght up and can get past the shock and move on to a time of remembrance of a man that was the the core of the family.

2. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and strength your way! ((HUGS))

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

I am so sorry. Cancer is a terrible thing. Sending prayers and condolences.

4. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

So sad, I'm so very sorry.

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'm so sorry to hear this. My grandma lost her battle with cancer far sooner than we expected in October of 2011, and I'm not sure that it's sunk in yet. That kind of shock is just so hard to process. Will be thinking of you and your family at this time. (((hugs)))

6. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

So sorry to hear about your FIL. Cancer has taken so many lives lately. Thoughts and prayers going to your family.

7. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

I'm so sorry for your loss.

8. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Very sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

9. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I am so very sorry :( My prayers are with your family.

10. lynn

lynn Approved members

I'm so sorry for such a great loss. I will pray for strength for you all, especially his wife. I hope you are able to celebrate his life and love and be grateful that he was spared the debilitating effects of treatment that he wanted to avoid.

11. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'm so sorry.

12. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Thank you Everyone!

13. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

I'm so sorry! It's always hard when we lose someone special. :(

Christine

14. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I'm so sorry

15. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

I am so sorry for your loss. My FIL had a serious stroke last summer, survived, but is severely disabled, unable to walk, care for himself at all, or speak more than a few words. My kids love him dearly, and we visit several times per week, and it would be a terrible blow to lose him. However, seeing him unable to communicate and not do the things he always loved...knowing he is in there but trapped...it is horrible, but I sometimes wonder if, although WE are happy he is still with us, HE would have been better off had he not survived.:(

I hope the fact that your FIL was spared the effects that he feared is some comfort to you in this difficult time. May the love you shared and your happy family memories bring peace as you grieve.

16. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

I'm so terribly sorry for the loss of your FIL; my thoughts are with your family during this incredibly sad and tragic time {{hugs****

17. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I am so sorry for your loss. I will ad you all to my prayers.

18. anna-bananna

anna-bananna Approved members

My sympathies to you and your family. Lots of prayers on your behalf.

19. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

20. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Yes, I do know what you mean. We all had it in our head that he would need to be cared for and prepare the younge ones for death and dying.

Although we did not get to many of the things that we wanted to do with him, we will still do them in honor of him.

We made it threw the hoilday, remembering, talking, laughing and crying. My MIL will be OK until her daughter flys back home, I hope that her brothers and sisters can be with her to ease the lonelyness when we can't.

The good thing is that I start nursing classes in May and she will be part of my girls life on a daily basis.