- advertisement -

My fears

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by kierbabi09, Sep 29, 2008.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

It seems to me that people never talk about what scare them. they talk about what makes them happy, even sad or angry. but never scared. So here is what scares me: I'm being honest and dead serious
    • going to college
    • the thought of not having insurance and not being able to afford diabetes supplies
    • that I won't get accepted into any colleges
    • That I won't do all the things in my life that I want to do (nothing major)
    • That they will find a cure for D, and I won't know what to do with myself (honestly)
    • That I will never look like an adult (i'm 17 but look 12:()
    • That I will never be taller than 5 ft tall (it's not actually a fear, just a reality, unfortunatly)
    • That I will never EVER figure out what type of diabetes I have.
    there are others, but I'm tired and going to bed.

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Scaryness:

~Kier, same here about the whole not looking like an adult thing. My friend Desiree thought I was 11. I'm 16!!
    ~That I'll never get through English III and IV
    ~That Colleges will turn me down 'cause I'm a homeschooler.
    ~That I'll never stop having that hammock-rocking sensation when I close my eyes for over a blink.
    ~That I'll never get over my fear of scissors.

3. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

=That I won't get into univserity
    =that no one is going to want to be my friend
    =my old friends will forget me
    =everyone will make assumptions about me because I'm diabetic
    =My art won't be good enough to get into university
    =I'll never get my eatting habits under wrap
    =I'm am absoutly terrified of the dark always have been
    =I am absoutly terrified of being made fun of

4. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

The only real fear I have is driving, and I'm hoping I will get over that fear one of these days.

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

ME TOO!! Forgot that one.

6. Aidyn

Aidyn Approved members

Um, I have a REALLY long list of things I'm afraid of. I've always told myself I need to let loose and let go, but it's easier said than done ;)

I'm terrified of being made fun of, too, and I'm old enough to have gotten made fun of plenty of times.

I'm scared of generally failing at life. I'm afraid that I will be stuck in the same place forever - working in an office, trying to get my bigger aspirations off the ground (trying, not succeeding to the point of where I want), getting teased with something potentially awesome just to have it taken away, and being "stuck" overall.

I'm afraid of getting married. I have issues with formal commitment.

I'm afraid of my blood sugar going super low while I'm riding my bike, getting tunnel vision, and then having a car come hit me. The paramedics will arrive and think it's just a head injury, treat it as such, leaving me to die. This fear has caused me to go shopping for a cute MedicAlert bracelet.

I'm afraid of death. I'm afraid of what happens after death.

I'm afraid of getting laughed off stage next year when I compete in the Ms Gainesville Open Bodybuilding competition... scared that all the hard work I'm going to put into it will go to waste... I realize that being scared of getting LAUGHED off stage is a pretty irrational fear (I will be prepared and am getting mentored by some of the best local bodybuilders), BUT I am afraid of NOT winning or even placing. *Laughs*

I'm afraid of not being good enough in general.

I'm super self conscious (who knew?) and afraid of people thinking I'm ugly.

I was sort of overweight once. I am afraid of being overweight again, though I am pretty sure that unless I get something beyond my control (like paralyzed or a thyroid condition), that won't happen because I'm rather obsessive about my health and eating.

Like diamondback, I am somewhat afraid of driving. I rarely ever drive and when I do, I hang on for my life and pray (oh, the Catholic upbringing!)

Like Jess, I am afraid of the dark. I haaaaate not being able to see!

I was once afraid of being broke, but I've been there before. It's not pleasant and while I would never, ever want to be broke again (for a little while, I was broke and insuranceless :eek:), I don't fear it because I know what it's like.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  7. Aidyn

Aidyn Approved members

Kiersten: I'm sure you have heard this before, but I think you should EMBRACE the fact you look young; when you get older, you're going to be quite thankful :D

8. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

People tell me that...but how am I ever going to get anywhere if people keep thinking I'm only in the 5th grade??!!! :mad::eek::rolleyes::cool:

9. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Isn't that sort of the point of a photo ID?:p:p

10. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Here's some of mine (the ones I can think of right now):

-Having a really bad low in math class and passing out (My best friend is in all of my other classes, but not my math class, and nobody in there knows about my glucagon or how to use it)

-Going to the 'adult' doctor... I always beg to go see my pediatrician when I have to go to the doctor lol.

-Never falling in love and being able to have a family

-Meeting some great guy and them have them run away after I tell him about my D and bleeding disorder thingy.

-that D will get a cure, and I won't want it (I know it makes 'crazy' sound like the understatement of the century, but sometimes I really wonder if I'll want it...)

That's all i can think of for now

11. kierbabi09

Yes people tell me that all the time, but it doesn't help when my brother tells me I look 12.

12. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

I'm scared of:
    • Elevators
    • Escalators
    • Old bunk beds (If you're on the top, you could fall. If you're on the bottom, it could break and squish you.)
    • What I think it would be like to live inside technology
    • Scary men that come to your house at night:eek:

13. kierbabi09

hey I'm scared of elevators too! I always have been! I'm just glad I'm not the only one.

14. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Ahem...guy-wise!!! I've never seen a girl go around flashing their ID to prove how old they are LOL. :D:cool: I just pictured that...hilarious ROFL.

15. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

-not being accepted by my peers (I don't have many friends)
    -not getting into college
    -blood draws (I just had one today, and they terrify me)
    -losing my best friend after we graduate in june
    -failing my classes this year(I already missed 6 days b/c I keep getting sick)
    -my axiety coming back full fledged

those are just a few of mine.