- advertisement -

My favorite school nurse has moved

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Treysmom, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

To another school:( She will be at the Jr/High School where my girls will be going to school. I'm so upset I want to cry. She LOVED Trey. She took him under her wing as one of her own. Very Peppy, happy, down to earth person

We have 2 school nurses(large elementary) One from last year is still there Ms P (I will call her) we have gotten into it before. She is one of these gotta do what the DR says kind of school nurses.( She is uptight, nervous kind of person) Not that I don't trust or like our DR I expect her to go by what Momma says. ;) Our new school nurse worked at Children's Hospital in New Orleans for over 10 years. It sounds like she has the experience, I just hope she has the bedside manner so to speak that my WONDERFUL Ms L had.

School starts tommorow..Wish us Luck!

Man o Man I'm gonna go outside and kick up some dirt....I'm so UPSET!!!!! WAHHHH WAhhhh Wahhhh

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. Kaileen

Kaileen Approved members

I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully, the new relationship will work out well. And I'm a little jealous. You have two school nurses: we have a district nurse. Mind you, she totally rocks, but we only have one.

3. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

That stinks. I hope your new nurse is just as good.

We are leaving the nurse that Christian has had since dx. He is going to a different school. I hope she is just as great.

4. Eminemsmom

Eminemsmom Approved members

I'm so sorry. I have to tell you that is my worst fear. we have been blessed with THE BEST school nurse since Pre-K. I don't know what I'd do without her. (((HUGS)))

5. bz'smom

bz'smom Approved members

Oh Robin! I am soooo sorry! That really stinks! It is wonderful when the nurses will do what Momma says to do! Hopefully the other nurse will chill out!