- advertisement -

My dh is obsessed......

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by hmmmcormick, Nov 21, 2010.

1. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

with buying dvds. Seriously, he just went out and bought the special edition Avatar set, but we already have the other blue ray set. When it became apparent that VHS was going the way of the dinosaur he had to replace all our tapes with dvds. Now he is replacing some of the dvds with blue ray. I can't stop him! If you could see the library of dvds we have, we could open our own rental store. :eek:

2. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

If you can afford it and it makes him happy he could be doing worse things I guess! :cwds:

Crystal

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Aaah, yes, I can relate, but with music. DH has a good collection of LPs (remember those?), so he bought a mini-disc recorder to record the LPs onto mini-disc, so we have all the LPs on mini-discs. But because of the current trend of bringing back LP players, he went out a bought, what he calls a "high-end" record player, and refuses to listen to his records on anything but the record-player, because, again according to him, "you just can get the right sound and feel on anything but a record-player".:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, we're stuck with mini-discs and a mini-disc recorder. But no way are we getting rid of those, because DH says "you just never know.":rolleyes:

And about the collection of high-end speakers...never mind.

I finally figured out high-end = pricey, so I'm never happy when he goes on his high-end trips.

ETA - I have to say he hates when I go on my purse buying trips. :D

4. candyberry

candyberry Approved members

Sounds just like my husband. We have bought several movies multiple times due to format change. Right now he is up to just under 5000 dvd/bluerays. He is having fun making his list for black friday shopping. Sometimes its just plain crazy.

5. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

MY bad habbit is finding second hand vhs's and collectinig because there are some movies that just aren't the same on DVD. The only time I went crazy with DVD's was the Lord of the Rings, I paid 50 bucks for Return of the king on extended edition dvd when it was first released, the others I latter paid like ten bucks for...

6. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

Once upon a time my husband was the same way. At one point we had over 400 DVD's. Out of the blue it smacked my husband in the face that we will never sit down and watch all of them. (I am a 1 time seen movie person and don't go back for 2nds). He logged on to Amazon and did their trade in program. We were able to send in over 200 dvd's and got a nice gift certificate from them!