- advertisement -

My Christmas gift!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Boo, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Boo

Boo Approved members

I got my Christmas gift tonight...and I think pretty much only you all will understand. After 8+ months of pumping, Andy finally put a site in somewhere other than his belly (his hip/butt :p)!! I've been basically begging him to try this for a couple of months now. We changed out the site just before dinner. I was in a hurry trying to get dinner on the table, and I didn't even ask him to try it this time. He just pulled his pants down (a little :D) and said (in his best tortured, preteen voice), "go ahead".

Gosh, I really hope it doesn't turn into a bad site, or I may never get another chance!

2. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

That's great!

That is a big step. We do not use a pump yet, but trying to get Autumn to just pick a different site of her injections is hard. Merry Christmas to you!

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

WWWWOOOhhhhhhoooo!!! Good job Andy...now, if only I can get Coco to do it!

4. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

That is so Great!!! Merry Christmas MOM :D

5. Boo

Boo Approved members

So far, so good. He hasn't complained about it yet. When we put it in, he did make a big deal about how he was going back to the belly again next time...which is fine with me. I just wanted him to see that it might not be so bad after all.

Last evening after dinner, he was sitting on the sofa rubbing his hands across his belly declaring how "smooth" it was without the pump site there! :D

6. payam7777777

payam7777777 Approved members

why did you decide to use his back? i mean do you know that belly absorbs insulin faster than anywhere else? and that the faster the insulin works the better it matches the food.

7. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

Your response made me curious. Do you ONLY use the belly? The belly may absorb the insulin the fastest but that by no means should negate the benefit of using a good rotation of sites to prevent scar tussue/lumps/bumps.

8. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

We have only used the butt on both kids for all the years we have pumped. They are both so skinny that they feel the site in the tummy. Comfort is more important in my opinion.