advertisement

My Aussie friends...

Discussion in 'Australia' started by 4kids4me, Aug 22, 2010.

1. 4kids4me

4kids4me Member

I've posted this thread in a couple other of our forums yesterday...then discovered that we actually have this forum!

This was just posted on my Squidoo blog:

rosiesmum Aug 9, 2010 @ 8:38 am | delete
    I just wanted Deb to know that after reading Mary Kathryn's story I have gathered a group of Australian parents of children with Juvenile Diabetes to lobby our Government and the Australian Medical Association to make Blood Glucose Level tests mandatory for EVERY child at EVERY medical appointment. My 10 year old daughter was one of the lucky ones - although had she gone another 12-24 hours undiagnosed that may not have been the case. Mary Kathryn and her family will stay in my heart from this point forward and you can be sure that we will succeed in making BGL's mandatory for kids - and we will have Mary Kathryn to thank for that.

I posted a response to her and I can only hope that she'll revisit the site and see it. I'm hoping that she will come here and find us/you so that maybe you all can connect up and work on this initiative together.