- advertisement -

My 1st posting - contacted Dr. Yong Zhao

Discussion in 'Research' started by pdx_dc, Oct 19, 2012.

?

Do you feel like we should suport Dr. Zhao and get his research moving faster in the USA

1. yes, absolutely - I want to help

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. yes, I can give a one-time donation

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. yes, but I'd rather just read and follow his news

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nope, I don't think I can make a difference in any way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

Hi Friends,

This is my first posting here - have been reading for many years.. and of course, keeping my fingers crossed hoping for a cure. But now, I have decided that alone is not sufficient - and maybe I need to step up my efforts and see if there is an iota of difference I can make..

After reading a lot (Joshua Levy's blogs including) I really think that Dr. Zhao's Stem cell educator therapy looks like it has the best chances of developing into a real cure SOME day.

What can I do, what can WE do to advance this research and make it happen faster? So I emailed the doctor and he says he could use support (financial support) to take this to the next level. His current phase -2 trials are delayed (in China and Spain) for want of funds. He is back in Chicago this week. He said he is working on starting a trial here in the USA in the next several months. He has started a company, so people can invest in his company through buying stock.

I think we should come together as a group, start a FB page, and really collect funds (or investments in his company) - have not done anything like this before personally.

I emailed the Cure Alliance and they replied that they are in fact testing out Dr. Zhao's idea on their own.

Can the people near Chicago maybe meet him personally? What would it take to advance this research?

I really see this as a more straightforward way to the cure - than everything else that is going on.

What do you all think? Would you personally join this effort?

- pdx_dc

2. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

Here is what I heard from Dr. Zhao recently:

Q1: Currently, there are numbers of volunteers would like to join the trial of Stem Cell Educator therapy, even in China. However, I can not support them due to my very limited funding. Unfortunately, the Phase II clinical trials in T1D have been slowed down both in China and Spain due to my current financial situation. It will be great if you can support.

Q2: I am collaborating with other investigators to apply for FDA application. Hopefully, we can get FDA approval for the Phase I/II clinical trial of Educator therapy in the USA within next several months.

Q3: I am organizing an international multi-center Phase II clinical trials in T1D. To date, there are five hospitals already signed the Research Agreement. Hopefully, we can move faster if we can get enough funding to support this project.

Q4: I sincerely appreciate all families who will help me speed up the optimization of Stem Cell Educator therapy in clinic. To facilitate the translation of Stem Cell Educator therapy, I created Tianhe Stem Cell Biotechnologies Inc. I would like invite these families join Tianhe as "investors". We work together to find a cure for T1D.

Q5: If a few CB-SCs enter into the patient's blood circulation accidentaly, CB-SCs can not cause immune rejection and fever due to the very low immunogenicity of CB-SCs. We have demonstrated this safety in ~150 patients.
    Our animal studies have demonstrated that CB-SCs can not cause tumor.
    We do demonstrated CB-SCs still tightly attached to the bottom of Educator device after finishing the whole clinical treatment procedure.

Q6: Yes. I will return to Chicago tomorrow.

Based on my current clinical data, I do believe that Stem Cell Educator therapy is the best approach to find a cure for T1D and other autoimmune diseases. I appreciate the opportunity that we can work together to facilitate the process.

3. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

Follow-up to this poll

Looks like we have 4 people who have signed up so far - and 5 including me. Will the 4 of you send me a private message and we can plan and work from there? And we can use this thread to continue our discussions and keep them public if you wish? Let me know.

I really hoped we would get a few more interested folks to support this work.. I was reading this morning about a mom who has formed a group and raised a million $ and her group currently supports Dr. Faustman and one other Lab.

Our primary tasks are

1) Get more press/media coverage for this work
    2) Fundraising
    3) What can we do to jumpstart a clinical trial in the USA (talk to Dr. Zhao and see we could do)

Please let me know what you think.

Regards
    pdx_dc

4. adjusting dad

adjusting dad Approved members

I was wondering if you have anymore information on Zhao's work. It seems like he is the closest to any form of cure. I don't understand why there isn't more funding or backing for him. His data is incredible.

I would love to be part of the community supporting him.