advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mum of a T1 child and doing my dissertation in this area, can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'UK' started by milly229, Jan 30, 2014.

1. milly229

milly229 New Member

Hi

Ill try to keep this as short as possible..... I am studying a degree in Childhood, Education and Society. I have started my dissertation and my research area is on schools and how they integrate children with T1 diabetes, comparing the insulin pump and injections using parent and staff perspectives.

I have researched this area because I am a mum to my four year old son who has had T1 for three years and he is now four years old. Diabetes has been a huge part of our lives and it has been a rollercoaster ride for the past three years; changing from injections to an insulin pump, training staff in a nursery setting, pre school and school setting and trying to look after a toddler who has great needs anyway without having diabetes, so I couldn't think of a better area to focus on.

I am looking for any willing parent's who could spare 15 minutes to complete a questionnaire, which will support my findings. If any parents are able to help me; please can you send me a message to kittie1042@hotmail.co.uk.

I will be carrying out the research confidentially and adhering to the ethical guidelines set out by my university.
    Thanks for reading this post and I hopefully I will speak to you soon :)