- advertisement -

Moved, need Ped. Endo in IL or IA

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Wendy D, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Wendy D

Wendy D New Member

We recently moved to the Quad Cities, IL area. We are looking for a new ped. endo. in Iowa or Illinois. We are willing to drive to Chicago for a great doctor!

We need a doctor who relates well to a teenage boy who needs firm but understanding guidance. As parents, we want a doctor who is proactive and innovative with their care. We especially would like a doctor who isn't happy with status quo but wants his/her patients to strive toward as close to normal bg range instead of "150" is close enough approach.

We moved from the Bremerton/Tacoma, Washington area and I'll put a plug in for Dr. Barbara Marshall, she understood my son the best of all his Ped. Endos. through the years!!

2. Ott8965

Ott8965 Approved members

We really liked Dr. Zeller in the western suburbs of Chicago. I felt like he was very forward thinking. We just moved back to Texas and are now at a very large practice and it felt like taking several steps back from where we were in Chicago. Good Luck!

3. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

We see Dr. Duck who has offices in Skokie and Vernon Hills, IL. Never got the 150 is good enough speech. He's quite the opposite of that ;) We love him though. He was a good change when we moved here 6 years ago, we needed a little kick in the pants.

4. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Dr. Zeller is part of Academic Endocrine, which I have been told is one of the largest pediatric practices in the state. I cannot speak to the "teenage boy" or "innovative" issues, but I have been pleased with our physician from that practice. Both our doctor and the advanced practice nurse/CDE that we see are very helpful in making adjustments, etc.

5. Lenoremm

Lenoremm Approved members

We really like Dr. Bordini at Academic Endocrine (Zeller's office).
    I think he would be great for a teenage boy.

The university of Iowa also has good docs.

6. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Not to hijack, but it's nice to hear such good things about Academic Endocrine. They are my "other" option for en endocrinology group, but their online materials scared the heck out of me. Maybe they don't operate withing the same guidelines as their written manual.