- advertisement -

More blood than normal

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Dvbo79, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Dvbo79

Dvbo79 Approved members

When I put my sons new dexcom sensor on it seemed to hurt him a little more than normal and I saw more blood under it before I put the transmitter on. Is this a concern? Did I "mess up" putting it on correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

It is generally not a big deal at all. Dexcom's "official" policy is that if you are comfortable with it you can leave it on, if you are not you can change it and they will replace it.

You didn't "mess up," sometimes you just hit a bad spot :) I wouldn't worry about it if it has stopped bleeding.

ETA: About one in five of my sensors bleed a lot on insertion. I have no issues with accuracy, bruising, or anything else :cwds:

3. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

We have noticed this with the last 3 that we have inserted and each time DS has said they didn't hurt. I've kept an eye on them and they don't seem to bother him, so we let them be. We did have one that we pulled because it was more than I was comfortable with and yes, they replaced it.

4. Dvbo79

Dvbo79 Approved members

Thanks so much. I'll keep an eye on it and watch to see if it seems to be irritating my little guy.