- advertisement -

Montel Show 11-29

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by vallecito93, Nov 29, 2007.

1. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

I am not sure how many of you saw this show this morning, but it was heart wrenching, awesome, enlightening and just an incredible episode. Elliott Yamin who was a finalist from American Idol who also has Type 1 talked about his mission and his accomplishments. There was also a young lady on there that has type 1 and has the same dreams of being a singer. Anyway if you have time to look up Montel's link and read about the episode I think you all might like it. There is also a web site that Elliott sponsors, it is called www.inspiredbydiabetes.com
    Have a great day everyone.

2. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

It looks like Elliot Yamin is quicky becoming a huge spokesperson for Diabetes. I always saw Mary Tyler Moore as being the foremost spokesperson, but it's nice to see other high profile people stepping up.

3. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

I love Eliot! Kevin Kline has also really stepped to the forefront since his son was recently diagnosed. I also love Kevin Kline.

4. mollysmom

mollysmom Approved members

I knew Kevin Kline was a spokesperson, I just didn't realize his connection until now. Interesting. Do you know how old is son is?

I will watch Montel today, Thanks:)

5. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Thanks for reminding us, the show is taping right now! See our new signature picture:D

6. mollysmom

mollysmom Approved members

Too CUTE!:D

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

I love your new sigy pic! A beautiful little girl (who can sing!) and a cutey pie guy...life is good!

8. Boo

Boo Approved members

I didn't see the show, but along the same lines, D made it on to Dr. Phil last week. Did anyone see the episode about the girls dressing "slutty"? Near the end of the episode, it came out that the one girl was type 1. It was basically decided that the mom should be a bit more lenient about the way she dresses since she exhibited responsibility in caring for her own diabetes.

9. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Caro, I love your new signature photo!!! :D

10. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Thanks you all, Jenny was very excited to meet him:D