- advertisement -

Moms Read: "How God Selects the Mother of a Diabetic Child" " (get a tissue)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pauji5, Apr 18, 2008.

1. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

No one thinks God punishes little kids. Not one. You really took those responses literally? Or do you just like to stir up discontent?

2. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

Thank you for making my point.

3. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

Paula,

Your original post was a religious post. I know your intent was good, but not everyone shares your views on religion. So what was a warm and fuzzy story for you, may come across very differently for others ... like me. That does not make me a bad person or a spewer of hatred, it just means I do not share your views on religion. I come here to get informed, not offended, and I suspect you feel the same.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I didn't see anyone stirring up hate or discontent. I thought it was a pretty reasonable discussion until the OP got all bent.

I've seen this little essay a lot, but sometimes it's "How God chooses the parents of a child with Autism" or Down Syndrome or whatever disability. What irritates me about it is that it sets parents of kids with disabilities up as somehow better equipped to deal with a disability than parents who are not so blessed. I don't think we as a group are different than any other parent. We have to deal with it. What's our other choice?

5. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

6. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members