- advertisement -

mom to a sports nut- how was training?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by 3js, May 7, 2008.

1. 3js

3js Approved members

Just wondering how the pump training/saline hook up went?:) What did your daughter think?

2. 3js

3js Approved members

bumping this up:)

3. mom to a sports nut

mom to a sports nut Approved members

Hi, thanks for thinking of us!! We just got home and are dealing with a major plumbing problem and currently have no sinks to use as they are all backing into the other ones.........:confused:

It went really well. It is a very different thinking process to erase everything that we have been taught before in terms of insulin, feeding on a schedule etc and start fresh. The training went well and Melissa is running saline and practicing until Tuesday morning. We go back at 8:30am to get hooked up wiht the insulin and do about 1 more hour of teaching. It is going to be great I think. She seems to be looking forward to it. She is a tad bit nervous but that will pass quickly I think. Doing the hands on set up of the pump really made much more sense than simply reading the manuals and not doing.

I really hope that you can get set up to be taught soon.!!

4. 3js

3js Approved members

I am glad it went well. I was wondering as you said the manual was complicated. Our pump has online training which has video portions, and that makes it look straightforward.

How was doing the set? The needle?

Sorry about your plumbing:eek:

5. mom to a sports nut

Doing the infusion set was no problem. But after trying three different spots on her tummy we quickly realized she doesn't have enough fat on her tummy to do a site there. So we are doing hip/butt for now and will have Dr. Dan look for some spots in other places when we are there Tuesday to start running insulin. We tried two different insertion sets in her tummy and both hurt cause of the lack of fat (must be nice!!!;) ) but her hip area she said she hardly felt it.

The plummer just left so I have sinks again!!!!

6. 3js

3js Approved members

Gee, no fat on yummy... must be very nice;) I`m relieved to hear about the set needle. When the manual mentioned numbing cream, I felt nervous that ds might change his mind.

Congrats on your sinks:)

I have more good news- we got our ins coverage ok`d for sure; I have the reinbursement letter. Such a relief to have that paperwork finalized.

Take care:)

7. mom to a sports nut

Glad you got insurance figured out...........now did you hear back about training???

8. 3js

3js Approved members

Nooooo! It`s just killing me to just stare at this pump..... I emailed again. Today was sugerfax day, so maybe they are too busy. I`m getting worried, because I applied to d-camp, plus we are planning a driving trip to Disneyland in August. I want him pumping BEFORE school starts in Sept:eek: