- advertisement -

MM sensor with ISIG consistently below 1?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by emm142, Apr 12, 2012.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Has anyone ever had one of these? I don't think I've ever had one before this. I put it in before bed last night, went to cal this morning and ISIG was only 0.76. It's stayed around that level. I'm thinking it's probably not going to get better and I should just pull it and put in a new one.

Just wanted to check that nobody had had a sensor which did this for just a day or something and then went back to normal. I wouldn't want to waste a sensor! :eek:

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Are you getting accurate readings with an ISIG like that? If not, I would call Medtronic and ask for a replacement. The sensors are so costly they ought to work right!

3. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

In our experience - an ISIG that low would mean a problem.

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

No, I'm getting cal errors. The sensor is expired so there is no point in phoning MM - I definitely would otherwise!

I guess I'm putting a new sensor in!

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

If anyone is interested, my ISIG stayed very low until I went into town and was walking around doing shopping. Then it went up to 10ish (my BG was in the 150s, so still lower than usual, but I was able to calibrate at that level).

Then I went on the cross-trainer for half an hour, my BG dropped from 200 to 100 but my ISIG soared into the 30s. It seems somehow like exercise is triggering the CGM to actually work properly. I wonder if I inserted the sensor a bit shallow, and in the layer of fat that it's in the interstitial fluid flow is better when my blood pressure rises? Honestly I have no idea if that's even possible, but whatever. Going to keep the sensor in and see what happens. ;)

6. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

It's so interesting what may make a sensor improve. We typically get good readings - not great, but adequate - with the sensors right from the beginning. The one that my daughter is currently wearing was AWFUL the first night. It alarmed highs or lows every hour all night, and only two of them were remotely valid. I was ready to pull the thing by morning. I made her drink lots of water, and it began to work better. Today it was one point off at one point, so I'm glad I didn't pull it, but I'm glad that not every sensor starts off like this one did. I'm still feeling the effects of that night.:mad: