- advertisement -

MM quicksets problem

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by bz'smom, Feb 6, 2009.

1. bz'smom

bz'smom Approved members

Brandon has the MM 522 pump & we use the 6mm quicksets. Lately we have been noticing that if we don't put the cap on while he takes a bath (sometimes 1/2 hour long) something turns in the site, and we can't get it connected again. Does anyone else have this problem? Are we doing something wrong? We now have to do a site change tonight after just changing it yesterday before school. ARGGGGG!

2. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

We always put the cap(we call it a button) on for any time it is disconnected just in case water gets into site or insulin leaks out. Our trainer drummed it into us that it is just like a catheter used when you are in hospital. We are very careful in case of infection.

3. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

That happened to me a while ago with a box of quicksets! I was so mad. :mad::eek: I would put in a set, and then I would disconnect to take a shower, or get dressed or something, and the tubing wouldn't reconnect to the site! :eek: Needless to say, we called MM, and they sent us a whole new box of infusion sets, because it wasn't just one set, it was four! Maybe it's like what happened to me, and its just the current box? Good luck, and I hope you figure it out soon!

4. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I seldom use the cap, not for showers or anything like that. If I am going to take a long soak in the tub , I will put one on. I also use one if I disconnect from my pump to have a little alone time with the husband, because the pump pokes and scratches,:p

I have been pumping over a year, I dont think I have had one turn, those sometimes it is hard to line it up to reconnect.

5. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

I never use the cap. But I also had that happen to a set a few weeks ago. I disconected and took a shower, and it didn't plug back in. I'm now thinking that it was a bad batch of sets since it has happend to a few of us recently. And I have been using quicksets for 6 years, and never had that problem before (until a few weeks ago).

6. bkfkmc

bkfkmc Approved members

This happens to us occasionally as well. My son rarely uses the cap so I can't say it happens because he didn't use it. I can't pinpoint why it happens. I would say it has probably happened to use 3 or 4 times in 2 years (we've pumped longer but use Silhouettes for a while). I is very frustrating when it does happen.

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We have had this happen but not very often. It did happen at the beach but I guess that was from salt and sand.
    We have had that happen at home. Maybe just a few times over the last two years. Don't know why. My kids take showers not baths. Maybe it is a defect?