- advertisement -

Mm isig

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lindy, May 19, 2009.

1. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Last night we put in a sensor - waited approx. 45 minutes and attached the transmitter. It blinked green - and we thought we were in the 2hr warmup, when 30minutes later we get a Change Sensor Alarm, disconnected, reconnected - ISIG was 0 (zero). Left it in for several more hours, did another Start Sensor - and it took. ISIG was lower (under 10) for the first few hours, and is now sitting around a 12. The Sensor and BG's last night were spot on! 2 or 3 pt difference. I don't think I have EVER had an ISIG of zero before, maybe I never noticed. The whole thing just seems strange and is NOT an experience we have had before - just wondering what the rest of you think?

2. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Sunday night we put our sensor in for the week....at first it had an isig of zero - I waited an hour, still zero - we decided to give it overnight and the next morning I was able to start new sensor and the Isig values - they have been around 15. I used a different spot on his arm and since there was a thread about pinching vs not pinching during insertion - this time I didn't pinch up the skin - go figure!:rolleyes:

In the past, when the isig drops below 10, I usually have a lot of trouble getting accurate readings and I am usually on the "last leg" of the sensor. We haven't been at this quite a year yet but I have had one time where I couldn't get a sensor isig to go above 6 and minimed had me return it to them and sent me a new sensor. They did try to blame it on the arm site though.

3. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

Sounds like there have been a lot of irregularities going on lately with MM sensors. There have been a couple of recent threads on this topic. We are using some older sensors right now which might explain why we have avoided problems. I would just keep an eye on the performance of the current sensor and act accordingly, sounds like it came around OK last night though. Good luck.

4. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

Every sensor we've ever used (more than 100 of them) start at a high ISIG (around 200), then ALWAYS fall to 0.00, then work their way up back to around 10-15 for a BG around 100. The 0.00 is normal, as long as it gives way to a normal ISIG by around 90 minutes after insertion.

5. twolittleladybugs

twolittleladybugs Approved members

What's the expiration date? We had to toss a few because they were past the date and didn't work anymore. We couldn't even get the green light to blink after putting the transmitter on. It was only about a week after the date. I thought they'd be fine, but I guess the date matters for sensors.

Kelly

Emily 7--dx @ 2 1/2, mult. food allergies
    Kaitlyn