- advertisement -

Missing: one cannula

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Traci, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Traci

Traci Approved members

I guess the thread about the cannula getting stuck in a child has stuck in my brain because when I took ds's pod off, I completely panicked when I didn't see the cannula sticking out! Oh my goodness! What should I do?! Oh no!

Oh... wait, there it is--on the other end of the pod. :rolleyes:

I definitely need more sleep.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Yeah, whatever became of that story? It was really unusual... lost, and the Dr couldn't find it??

3. Andrew's Mom

Andrew's Mom Approved members

It was my Andrew that happened too. His ped said it should work its way out. His Ped called me at home that next Monday to check on him. I thought that was nice of her. I have not seen it but I gave him many long warm baths so I don't know if it came out or not. Hoping its out because the site healed over. The company had me return the broken one to inspect. They are supposed to let me know what happens. I know what you mean about the sites I am inspecying them closely now. And yes I think we all need more sleep.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  4. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Interesting. I wondered about the possibility of that happening with that particular gauge of cannula. Thank you for following up and sharing what happened.

5. KHM

KHM Approved members

Thanks for this late night giggle. We all need more sleep.:cwds: