- advertisement -

MIO users: how do you cover the set when showering?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by brokenheart, Nov 24, 2012.

1. brokenheart

brokenheart Approved members

The Silhouette infusion set comes with covers (see the attachment), which my son can connect to his infusion set when he takes a shower or goes to swim.

The MIO does not have this. So how do you guys cover your infusion set when showering or swimming? Thanks.

2. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

There are two of those in each box of mios. The mios are self sealing though so you really only need them when you are in the ocean to keep sand out.

3. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Like mentioned-there are 2 connectors in each box. We only use it when swimming in public pool or at the beach. For showers, we just leave it.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We have used all the different kinds of sites, and have never used the caps while swimming or showering.

5. brokenheart

I double checked the plastic container of MIO, it doesn't have it.

6. brokenheart

So, sounds like it is totally OK without it.

7. brokenheart

Gotcha, thank you!

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

In every box of ten sets is one tiny plastic bag with 2 caps. There are there - just open a new box. At our house they get tossed along with the insertion paperwork, we never use them.

9. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

they are not in each container like with other sets.. they are in a little plastic bag, two in a bag, one bag in each BOX of 10.

We don't cover either, unless we're at the beach to keep sand out, or at a pond, if I have a cover, I'll cover it there.. but I don't bother with a shower/bath/pool...