- advertisement -

minimed pump question (question for my dad)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by spamid, Sep 7, 2012.

1. spamid

spamid Approved members

I'd like to ask the parents whose kids are on the minimed pump a simple question. My dad is on the minimed pump (type II), and doing really well. He wants to enter his blood sugars into the pump so the doctor can have a record, but there are times when he doesn't need an automatic correction, he just wants to enter the blood sugar. I know on the animas pump you can enter a blood sugar, and manually dial down the bolus to 0.0 so no bolus is delivered. Is there a way to do this on the minimed pump? Thanks.

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Yes, just like you said. Enter the BG through the bolus wizard, leave the carbs blank. If a bolus is recommended, you can scroll down the recommended amount to 0. I do this all the time. Alternatively, if he has the latest model, the Revel, he could go through the menu, pick "Capture Event," then "Enter BG." Finally, if he uses any of the linked meters (Novamax, Contour, or Ultralink), it will store automatically.

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

Yes, you hit "Act" and then scroll down to "Capture Event" and choose "Enter BG".

4. spamid

spamid Approved members

Thanks. I told him you guys would answer quickly.

5. Ali

Ali Approved members

Wow!!! As an aside tell your Dad all of us T1s are impressed he is on a pump. Hopefully it will make his life easier, especially with your help.:)ali

6. spamid

spamid Approved members

He is going to see an endo for the first time this October (YAY!), but in the meantime has been asking me for advice. When did I become the expert? Oh wait, we've been doing this 7 years now.

7. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

no it doesnt. you still have to push act or after so long, the blood glucose number just disapears to never never land. Of cource its still on the meter which the drs office should also download. Its a huge problem for us, as matt never puts a blood glucose reading in when he is low or the number is in range.

8. Mommy To 4

Mommy To 4 Approved members

When we use the linked meter (one touch) it captures all of her finger pokes. Do you use the one touch? I did notice that when I run the report I need to click on a box so that it will include all glucose numbers, not just the ones that are associated with a bolus.

9. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

yes, we use the one touch, perhaps thats what I missed as well. I havent found on the pump where it will tell you all the glucose readings, and only shows the ones that he has pushed act, and or have carbs or a correction associated with it. Will give me something to explore.

10. dianas

dianas Approved members

You won't see the extra blood sugars on the pump screen itself only in the Carelink reports. On the pump under daily totals is a little summary information about blood sugars and insulin usage though. That's under utilities or at least it was when I was on the 722. I understand it's a little different now on the Revel but I do remember seeing that still there back when I was comparing pumps.