advertisement

minimed pump help in Europe

Discussion in 'Europe' started by mamenyu, Nov 29, 2009.

1. mamenyu

mamenyu Approved members

Hi:
    For my son (20; type 1 since he was 8, and a pumper since he was 9) who will be studying next semester in Rome and uses a Minimed pump, I'm wondering whether minimed offers assistance if there are any problems with a pump while in Italy. He's planning to bring the sets, etc. with him from the US, but I wondered what would happen if there was a problem with the pump itself (here, we call minimed and they send a replacement overnight).

2. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

There is a Minimed office that covers Rome here:

http://www.minimed.com/help/contact/locations.html#Italy

I would contact them to see what their policy is. You can also pay to bring a loaner pump with you in case of a pump failure. When I was in Europe, I just brought Lantus with me in case my pump failed. In most European countries insulin can be purchased over the counter, but I'm not sure what the rules are in Italy. I hope he has a great time!

3. mamenyu

mamenyu Approved members

We contacted minimed and they provided a backup pump which they sent to us in the US for our pumper to bring to Italy.