- advertisement -

mini pizza's

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by Momof4gr8kids, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

We make these sometimes on fridays. I like to place the toppings out, and let my kids dress them up with what they want(I messure the sauce specially for Julia's so I can count the carbs). This is a good way to cut out fat, and we don't have the typical pizza high afterwards. We use both regular, and low fat items, and this is a mix, and match that you can do anything with.

Plain English muffins (each muffin makes 2 pizzas)

Pizza sauce

Cheese

Meats, and veggies of your choice for toppings

Split the english muffin in half. Spoon desired amount of sauce onto muffin half (We use 1 tsp) Add small amount of cheese, add toppings, top off with a little more cheese. ( really you can do it in any order you wish) Broil until cheese is bubbly, or microwave until gooie.

Not sure how many carbs, and it would probably be different for everyone, depending on the different brands, and different toppings.

2. lulu

lulu Approved members

I do the same thing as the pizza's above, but use a tortilla shell instead. You spray your cookie sheet with Pam

Tortilla shell
    Pizza sauce
    Cheese
    all the fixins to taste

Place the tortilla on the cookie sheet and put all the fixins on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425 degrees. Cut the pizza into quarters.

I just made some with whole wheat tortillas by mission that were only 4 carbs by subtracting the 8 grams of fiber.

They taste great and are practically a free food.