- advertisement -

Mini-Glucagon dosing

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MomofSweetOne, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freudie1

Freudie1 Approved members

No its not irresponsible. In fact you used it for what it is meant for.....ready? AN EMERGENCY.

You also should have called 911 as that is what every endo we have ever consulted with advises in the event you have to administer Glucagon. However apparently I'm wrong and should be using Glucagon when I feel like it, not inform emergency personnel, and should be condemned for managing NON-EMERGENCY lows with basal reductions, juice, etc.

People, read my posts closely instead of inferring things I didn't say or speak about.

And for the continued "rude" commentators, feel free not to read my posts. Doesn't offend me. In fact you offend me because you are so staunch on your own "advice" that no one else dare speculate or comment to the contrary. We've learned to accept this in the community. Most parents of T1 are painfully uninformed and/or make bizarre treatment changes. Nothing I can do but sit back and shake my head.

2. caspi

caspi Approved members

I don't think anyone here is using the mini-glucagon dose on a regular basis. :rolleyes: It IS for emergency use only.

I am happy you are having such great success pumping. However, not everyone does and that's where Lantus is a great alternative.

While we are all entitled to our opinions, telling someone that Lantus is garbage or dangerous is totally uncalled for.

3. Freudie1

Resorting to obscenities? Says volumes about your intelligence.

As for "don't insult others methods", thats your opinion. I simply supplied my opposing view point to what some people are espousing as gospel in this thread. Thats the beauty of a forum. Everyone gets to contribute what THEY want to and you as the reader get to filter or take away what you choose to. Don't like this concept? Don't read forums.

4. azdrews

azdrews Approved members

Exactly. The original poster asked for information about how to use mini-glucagon...which is what the the other posters were doing - giving her advice on how to use it. You are the one that went into a diatribe about how Lantus is evil and we are using glucagon in the wrong way.

5. Freudie1

I do and continue to have the right to insult any product I choose to. In MY OPINION it is garbage. In your opinion it is not. Fine with me. In fact I completely understand it. However, what you don't see me saying is "Person X is stupid for using product Y". That is what you are insinuating.

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

I'm sorry you feel we are uninformed. I think it is quite the opposite, actually. I'm honestly not sure why you feel the need to spew such hatred, but if it makes you feel better, then go for it. :(

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am amazed that you come here and insult so many and think that is great. Your Sentry post was borderline aggressive, then you come into this thread of a mom looking for info on something useful and helpful and you sling insults around. As for my intelligence, I think my YEARS of contributions and help on this site display my knowledge of Type 1 diabetes and insulin. Thankyouverymuch.

And it is That's - not thats - maybe if you could use an apostrophe I would have a higher level of esteem for your intelligence.

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

But you ARE calling us uninformed. :rolleyes:

9. Freudie1

Yep, hatred. Caught me :)

10. Freudie1

Once again, sorry for not ***** footing around a product that is not what it SHOULD be (re: MySentry).

As for grammar, I'll remember that the next time I need to write out "Thank you very much".

Please ignore me if I offend so much. This is becoming fun at this point as I insulted so many people without insulting anyone personally. A new skill I have acquired apparently!

11. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am quoting this for others - for all of those who think other posters are rude and/or condescending when trying to offer help, please, please, please remember this poster!

I would have had my hand slapped, 13 demerits issued, and been temporarily banned for saying half this garbage!

12. caspi

caspi Approved members

It is very obvious that someone is just looking to argue. I think it would be best if we stopped feeding the troll. Then he/she can argue with themselves..... :rolleyes:

13. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

Absolutely no one was saying that glucagon should just be used willy-nilly to bring up any old low. The mini-dose is commonly suggested by MANY respect endos and CDEs including Ragan Hanas and Gary Scheiner to bring up BG when a child is unable/unwilling to ingest carbs and BG is dangerously low. Just because your endo hasn't suggested it to you doesn't mean that no respectable endo would. Believe it or not, there may be legitimate techniques and advice out there that you have never heard about.

As for Lantus being "garbage," why would you even SAY that? Fine, have your opinion, but there are many folks on here who for one reason or another have chosen MDI for their kids. Why on earth would you want to essentially barge in here and call them idiots for making that choice? There is a way to make the point that you made without being 1/100th as offensive, and if you had done that, maybe people would have been more inclined to listen to your point of view. But when you come off as rude and arrogant as you did, no one is going to listen to the substance of what you have to say.

14. JaxDad

JaxDad Approved members

I think it was said best when it was said that you can have your opinion, and feel passionately about it, but act in a decent and respectful manner. I've seen many people here, who are both passionate about their opinions or methodologies engage in civil discourse; a concept you seem oblivious to.

So far you have been rude, and then offered "apologies" by saying "I'm sorry you felt I was rude", not "I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude". Where I come from you have not made an apology at all; you're still saying it's their fault for taking it that way. Which you went on to do later.

I'm not going to continue hanging you with your own rope as you've quickly proven yourself more capable of that anything D-related so far.

15. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

How is this allowed to continue?

16. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

It's not. Oy.

Opinions are fine. Tone matters. Let's all remember that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.