- advertisement -

Middle School - Eating School Lunches

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by MamaBear, Mar 22, 2012.

1. caspi

caspi Approved members

Is your son OK with having a front of the line pass? My son would personally hate that attention. I agree that the lines are long but if he is prebolusing, a 5-10 minute wait on line isn't going to hurt him - it's actually good. :)

ETA: If it's for milk only, the school should have a separate line for milk purchases. That's ridiculous to have kids wait on line just to purchase milk. At our schools they can walk to the front, get the milk and pay for it at a separate cashier. No long wait. :)

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

In high school I got a front of line pass (and I could bring a friend with me ;)). Possibly the best thing about D. :p (No, I didn't really need it. Yes, it was nice.)

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

While I was in public school, I always left class a few minutes early, shot up, and went and ate my brought lunch. Had I bought my lunch, I would have ended up at/near the front of the line.

4. char19671

char19671 New Member

School lunches

My daughter has never really liked school lunches, but occasionally sees something she wants. I fix her lunch every morning and write down the carb counts. That leaves her only to need her blood sugar levels to figure out her insulin does. She does this in the nurses office and then goes to the cafeteria to eat. Since we have only been doing this one month, I can only say that it has worked out so far. she has had some "highs" at school, but no lows so far. Though as we tweak her ratios, she has had some lows at home. One was really scarey. She seems pretty good at figuring everything, but I worry about her being 13 and getting absent minded about what she needs to do.