- advertisement -

Meters

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lil'Man'sMom, Feb 10, 2011.

1. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

We use the Omnipod and were loving the new butterfly strips, used them for 5 months. Then all the FDA stuff came up and our AC1 was not matching with what we were seeing so I switched back to the Accuchek compact plus. He had used these before and like the all-in-one.

We hate the amount of blood needed to get a results and the time it takes. We were spoiled with the butterfly strips.

What meter are you using and why? I really want the butterfly strips again and may test them against other meters to see what I get.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

2. lakevictoria

lakevictoria Approved members

We use the Bayer Contour meter and LOVE how it sucks up the blood. No coding. VERY simple to use! We like it so well that we will keep on using it despite what pump we end up with. I also read a study on their strip durability with temperature changes. Bayer won hands down.

3. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

I was a big fan of the Precision Extra ketone meter. It's so tiny and can do bg readings and ketone readings so it's really handy. Plus I liked that each strip was in foil so I wasn't spilling them all over the place.

Not sure how it rates in accuracy, but it was our favorite. I use the One Touch remote with the Ping though because I don't want to enter it manually.

4. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Tyler uses One-Touch. I like the fact that we have lots of different meter options....He carries a Onetouch Mini during the day, it's small enough that he just holds it with his books and keeps a tube of tablets in the meter pocket (he doesn't want to carry a bag) I love the PING meter for testing and bolusing at night or in a restaurant, there is no need to take the pump out to bolus. We have about 10 meters scattered in various places - one in the hockey bag, one in his "out and about" bag, one is in his bag for his overnight stays at friends houses. There is proberly still on in his lax bag and baseball bag from last season : ) One at his friends that he is often at (just in case)

It works well with Tyler for him to just be able to grab his stuff and know that there will be a meter, glucose tablets etc in it without having to double check.

I would say that it is pretty accurate....we aren't usually surprised by his A1c....for the most part matches up with his meter averages.

5. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Contour and I LOVE it so much!

6. jules12

jules12 Approved members

This is our scenerio as well - i love having one touch mini's everywhere. He uses the ultralink meter at school and home for his primary meter but I am sure once he hits middle school, he will prefer the mini because of its size.

7. serge28

serge28 Approved members

I have tested new butterfly strips with PDM againts ACCU-CHECK Aviva multiple times and the results are almost the same.