- advertisement -

Meters and mac's.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by destea1, Jan 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. destea1

destea1 Approved members

I work on an apple computer and can't find any way to download the information from Sierra's meter onto it! No cords available for macs, no software - nothing!

Do the onetouch UltraII's just not work for uploads to anything but Windows systems? Do any other meters work with macs? I find this totally ridiculous, as a tech person, it doesn't seem possible, yet despite my efforts I can't find anything to support the theory that I can still find a way to get the meter information onto my mac. :p

Thanks!

2. JaxDad

JaxDad Approved members

I thought that Mac's had a way to "pretend" they are PCs for this sort of software incompatibility issue. Have you tried that?

I think the best thing to do is go to your Apple Store or call Apple.

3. Sari

Sari Approved members

We use the Carelink usb. It reads to my son's pump. We used to use their usb connector that goes into his meter (Nova meter or BD)
    you can probably call and ask them if you can use with which ever meter you are using.

The software the previous poster mentioned is called Windows Parallel and it is a pain in the ass (I am a Mac person, so have no desire to use a PC), but it does work.

4. bryantfam

bryantfam Approved members

Do you also have an iPhone? We just got a glooku (I think that's what it's called) cord that connects our meter to our phone (it's worked w/both the freestyle we were using and now the one touch we had to switch to). I can download to the phone and then sync to the computer. I also have diabetes pilot for mac which also syncs all the data from the phones/ipads/macs.

5. destea1

destea1 Approved members

Yeah the paralell setup would be a huge pita... ugh. I do have an iphone though ! I'm going to check out that cord and see if it might work for us, thanks!

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I use Diasend and it works to download many meters to Macs. It is promoted by Animas but I think anyone can download for free.
    www.diasend.com

7. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

I 2nd Diasend. Works great and we are using a macbook and macbook pro with it. When we had the ultra smart, I had to go to the website of the company that made the connection cable to download the mac "driver" for it, but it worked great with diasend then. Also check with your endos office, if they have a clinic code, you and securely transmit all your meter readings/pump readings to them, really nice feature rather than having to fax in log pages if they want to see something.