- advertisement -

Medtronic Transmitter. Help!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Megnyc, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Hi all,
    I just switched back to my old cgm transmitter after losing my current one. I am looking for some advice on what is going on here.

I placed a new sensor in around 2 pm today. The charger flashed red when I plugged the transmitter in. So I assumed it was completely depleted of charge. I charged it until 7 pm at which point I unplugged it (since it was no longer flashing green) and plugged it into my sensor. It did not do the typical green flashing light. I unplugged and replugged it into the sensor and it did not work. I tried the tester and it did not light up as well.

I called Medtronic and their advice was to charge it some more which I am doing.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the transmitter literally do nothing when plugged into the tester? Any advice for this situation? Is it possible the transmitter is dead even though it clearly works in the charger?

Thanks for any help! I am not really sure what to do in this situation.

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

When the charger flashes red, you need to change the AA battery in the charger.

Hope this helps.

3. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

We fried 2 transmitters by forgetting to charge them once a month for 8 hours when they were not being used (DD found them painful and refused to wear one). We are going to try again in a couple of weeks. Thank goodness they offer a discount for re-orders.

4. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

I'm sure you probably did this but it doesn't harm to double check - Did you remember to change the transmitter ID on the pump and verify that you entered it correctly?

5. minniem

minniem Approved members

This^^^. Until about a month ago, I never realized I had to change the battery in the charger.:eek: It kept flashing red when I tried to charge it, then I actually took the instruction manual out and read it and found out I could change the battery in it.

Good luck!

6. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Thanks everyone!

I did change the battery in the charger twice and the transmitter ID is entered correctly.

Unless there is something I am missing, I am guessing I just need to get a new transmitter since this one is clearly not holding a charge.