- advertisement -

Medtronic Pump Supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by jules12, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Who do you order your pump supplies through? We have BCBS and I can no longer order my pumps or supplies through Medtronic. They referred me to Liberty Medical. So far we have only ordered our new pump from them but I haven't been pleased with the lack of availability to talk with someone on the phone.

Any one have any experience with Liberty? I am on hold now with BCBS to see what my other options might be.

2. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

We ordered through Liberty last year. We didn't have any problems. However, I didn't find them to be knowledgable about the supplies at all. As long as you know what you are doing and what you need, you most likely won't have any problems.

3. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

I miss being able to order through Animas. I didn't realize how nice it was to talk to people who know what they are talking about. ;)

BCBS requires us to order through Express Scripts. I don't care for the company but it's saving us a bit of money.

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Even if you can't order through the pump company there's no reason you can't call them just to get product information - it's part of what you are paying for by using their product, even if you aren't ordering direct. You can also make sure you have the correct item/NDC numbers for what you want.

5. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

We have BCBS in CO and use Edgepark (pump supplies), Solara (test strips) & Express Scripts (humalog).

6. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

How do you get pump supplies from express scripts? For us, they are considered durable medical and not available under prescriptions. I'd love to get a 3 month supply for a 2 month co-pay!!!!

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We order through Medco for pump supplies...by choice. The savings makes it worth it. I called Animas and told them that we cannot order through them due to insurance purposes, and they were very helpful. I told them what I wanted and they gave me all the pertinent numbers I would need.

It took Medco a while to get it all entered in, but we're good now.

8. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I checked with our BCBS and we cannot use express scripts for pump supplies either - durable med here too. We have a choice of Liberty Medical and Edgepark. Not sure when one to go with.....

The only time I saw a real benefit of going directly through Medtronic was back when they had a recall and shortage on quicksets. I also like that Medtronic sends everything two-day.

9. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

It's who BCBS said we have to use so I called them and ordered them. The insurance company said they are the only ones we can get supplies from. I didn't think much of it. :)

That's wierd how insurance companies vary.