- advertisement -

Medtronic guardian cgm

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tomdiorio, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Tomdiorio

Tomdiorio Approved members

Hello all.

Does anyone know if you can get the medtronic guardian stand alone cgm system with the enlite sensors in the USA? Medtronic told me no, but I swear I have seen people post they have the guardian with enlite.

I don't want to switch to the 530g pump. We are happy with the ping but cannot use the Dexcom due to allergies and have heard that the sof sensors are painful.

Thank you

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I was under the impression that the 530G had bumped both the guardian and the sentry off the market - but I could well be wrong about that.

Any reason you aren't considering the G4?

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

My understanding is that they are no longer selling the Guardian. I don't believe it is FDA approved for use with the new sensors. The people you are hearing about using the Guardian with the new sensors already had one. The Guardian will work with the Enlites, but doesn't have the new algorithm that the 530 does that makes it more accurate.

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We are using the Guardian with the Enlites. Off label of course.
    Do you already have a Guardian?
    Last time I looked they were still selling the Guardian. I think until the new 530G is approved for kids they will be selling it.
    Medtronic can't tell you that you can order the Enlites if you have a Guardian but your endo can write the script for it. A good way to try to see if he is allergic to that one.
    I think you mentioned your son was allergic to Dex.

I also have a friend who just ordered the 530G and also the My Sentry . The My Sentry was a off label prescription. She said it works great with the 530G and she posted screen shots of it working.