- advertisement -

Medtronic customer service

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mom2Hanna, Jan 21, 2014.

1. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

So yesterday we had 3 pod failures which burned through all we had left so I took out Hanna's Medtronic which we haven't used since August. It's less then 2 yrs old. I'm always nervous ill miss a setting so I called Medtronic and a very nice rep helped me set it up. All was well and Hanna left to babysit. On her way home her pump alarmed with Reset and ChkSet. When she showed me, all her settings were erased! She swore she never touched anything. So I called Medtronic.

In fairness, I was pretty upset, it had been a long day, drive my son back to school 4 hrs round trip and was about to go to bed. I could see a sleepless night, not sure we had unexpired lantus, not in a good frame of mind.
    So the rep answered the phone, I explained what had happened and then she asked for our details name etc. I'm in tears and said, rhetorically, why did this happen! She says in a very snippy voice, well I don't know ma'am but you have to let me finish typing. So I said to her, look I'm very upset and your tone sounds like you are getting upset and if you are I would prefer to talk to someone else. And her response was no, I'm not upset, you are being rude to me. And so I said I want a supervisor and was told there aren't any available. So I said pass me to another rep and she said no. So I hung up on her and called back and got a different rep.

This one I warned that I was now 2x as hysterical, she was great. Helped me restore the settings, put in new ones, save those settings and then researched why it happened and found out why. Apparently if you store the pump without a battery for a long time when you start it again it can reset sometime in the first 5 hours after you put a battery in. I don't get it, but it apparently was a predictable reponse and nothing is wrong with the pump. The rep was great, stayed calm and walked me through everything, to make sure my daughter was safe on the pump.

Btw I did talk to a supervisor, to compliment the two reps who were terrific, not to complain although I admit I mentioned it!

2. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Whoops wrong forum!

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Wow!, never heard of that. Wonder if Animas does the same thing when you store it without batteries.

4. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

Sorry you got such a bad rep at first ... that is frustrating when they are not empathetic!

But thank you for posting ... as our Medtronic pump is stored and that is good info to know ... but seriously crazy that it would randomly reset, doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy if you are out and about!

Lisa