- advertisement -

Medtronic 630G Finally!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by dpr, Aug 19, 2016.

1. dpr

dpr Approved members

Medtronic called me today to confirm a supply shippment. I asked the person if there was any news on the 630G and to my surprise she said it was just released. I called our endo to get the paperwork started.

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

What features about it excite you? Besides officially being waterproof again and the color screen, it's not much different than the 530g. This isn't the 640 or 670.

3. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

Also not sure if it matters to you: It's only FDA-approved for ages 16 and older. Only a concern if your doctor isn't willing to Rx the new device off-label.

4. dpr

dpr Approved members

The 630 is supposed to be a lot more user friendly as far as programming. It has a lot of small features that I like such as with any special functions like temp basal it tells you what it is rather than just the stupid circle. Also the temp basal can have multiple programs stacked at the same time, plus smaller time increments. Say if your having a bad crashing day you can program 0 basal for 15 minutes followed by say 75% for 2 hours. Also it can use either reservoir. My daughter is 10 and sometime before she can get another pump when she's 14 she'll be in puberty and I can use up all my small ones now. And most of all we've been out of warranty since last November so we need a new one.
    We had an endo appointment today and he was happy write the letter and get it started. His first script for the 630.

5. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Oh wow, that temp basal feature is really cool. That is really the only new feature in a pump I have wanted for the last 4-5 years. I don't care about color touch screens, just let me set a temp basal for 30 minutes, then a different one for a few more hours. If I didn't have 2 in warranty pumps I would order it just for that. That is a feature I would use daily. I'm constantly going in and adjusting my actual basal programs instead of just being able to set a temp basal.