- advertisement -

Medical ID Bracelete

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momof2marchboys, Jan 29, 2012.

1. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

Our son who is almost 6 is recently Dx type 1 and also has seizures - looking around the internet and am finding alot of different places to order ID bracelets and things - what has worked or not worked for your children? also what all do you have on their Medical ID's?
    He is currently wearing the green silicone one that the Endo's office had in one of the kits we got from them.

2. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

http://www.n-styleid.com/

We use the jelly bands. I actually just placed a new order. Ryan's has his name, type 1 insulin-dependent, and our number.

3. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

4. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

5. Mommy To 4

Mommy To 4 Approved members

We use medic alert. My girl has other medical issue too numerous to list on the bracelet. They keep her complete medical record on file and assign an id number. The bracelet itself has Type 1 Diabetes Insulin and the phone number to medic alert as well as her Id number.

6. britbabi84

britbabi84 Approved members

I used this site as well and my son loves his bracelet from there! and we recieved it very fast!!

7. jessicat

jessicat Approved members

We order a medic alert type stainless steel bracelet from Walgreens drug store. It says diabetic, allergy to penecillin and our phone #. We just order from the pharmacist and his catalog. It was less expensive than what I had found online. My 7 year old son has worn it for a year and half and it is still in excellent condition. It has a great clasp that I can remove it with but he is not quite able to remove himself.

8. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We used IDonMe for several years but recently switched to silicone and DD loves them. Feels more 'normal' to her and she changes the color to match her outfits. :D

9. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

We use a sports band type bracelet.. I think we got it from American medical ID.

10. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

We use medicalert.org I have Diabetic and my home and cell numbers. I like knowing that if there's a problem at his sport or a friends house my phone numbers are right there :)

11. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

We use http://www.medicalert.org/ I have Diabetic and my home and cell numbers. I like knowing that if there's a problem at his sport or a friends house my phone numbers are right there :)

12. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

With more than one medical issue, I would definitely go with Medic Alert. As a previous poster said, you can keep the entire medical record and doctors' info on file, as well as your contact details. It's recognized all over the world, and it's a quick call for an emergency responder. They have lots of options for bracelets, necklets, etc.

13. momof2marchboys

momof2marchboys Approved members

Thanks everyone - I ordered last night from N-id styles - they had a horse bracelet and my son loves horses so I think he will keep it on. I ran into some issues with not having enough spaces on the lines so just did the basic info and will have a friend of mine look at it when it gets here and see if she can etch it with what I want if I order a blank one - she has an amazing etching and screen printing business.