- advertisement -

Medco mailorder

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MySweethearts, Jul 14, 2010.

1. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

Does anybody else use Medco to get insulin? We now have to start using them and I am very nervous about it, not sure why. Maybe I am just used to getting Luke's meds at the store pharmacy for the past 6 years. What you do like about mailorder and does anybody have any tips? Thank you so much!!!!!

2. zoohouse3

zoohouse3 Approved members

We use Medco and have had no problems with insulin delivery. In the heat they send it in a padded envelope surrounding with cold packs with next day delivery. I do have to watch for the UPS man, though. He'll stick the package by the door whether we're home or not.

3. Noel

Noel Approved members

Same thing with us....our last box did end up sitting outside last time (in the heat) but when I opened it a few hours later it was still cold. We've been using Medco for the past 3 years and haven't had an issue yet.

It works out to be soooooo much cheaper for us, so it's totally worth it. I think you will be fine.

Also we do still have some "emergency" scrips on file at our local pharmacy in case I forget to order or it doesn't get here on time.

4. GreenJenny

GreenJenny Approved members

I had hoped to use them when our ins. changed, but was told by our ins. co (blue care network of MIchigan) that they strongly reccomended against it- the guy said they heard tons of complaints daily about insulin being delivered too hot or allowed to freeze. I was puzzled and very dissapointed, but hearing positive things is promising. Good Luck!

5. khannen

khannen Approved members

We've been getting our insulin from Medco for 3 years now. I can only remember one time when there was a problem about the temperature of it when it arrived. Haven't had any other problems at all.

6. SeacoastMom

SeacoastMom Approved members

I had been concerned about this issue until we received our first Medco order yesterday. It was a rather hot day and the UPS delivery person did not ring the doorbell so I had no idea it had been left on the porch.

I found it several hours later. It was very well wrapped in a padded/insulated pouch with two ice packs in it. I found the insulin to still be cold and it looked to be in perfect condition.

Good luck!

7. juliesmom

juliesmom Approved members

I really like using Medco online. When you need refills you just log in and order. Then a couple days later there are your RXs!

8. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Medco is the supplier for the prescription benefit on my DH's health insurance.

We've not had any issues with them, except that they have a website that shows the status of orders, but it is not that up to date (nothing like Amazon or other big online retailers). So for days its been showing a Friday ship date for the insulin we want for DD's pump start on Monday, which we requested be expedited. When I telephoned, they assured me that it will be shipped before that time and we'll get it on Friday. This morning the website shows that it was shipped yesterday, so it should arrive today.

Not a big deal, but I'd rather not get email messages tellling me to check the website for status, then call and be told that the website status is not current.:( The tracking information (provided by link to shipping company) does seem to be accurate, though.