- advertisement -

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this but...

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by icanhazjoy, Apr 5, 2010.

  1. icanhazjoy

    icanhazjoy Approved members

    Aug 1, 2008
    I'm a first year university student in a psych major.
    If I wanted to pursue a career... something like, a diabetes COUNSELLOR, how would I go about that? Any... ideas, or suggestions?
    Like, what degree in psychology will I need?
    What other degrees might I need to pursue?
    What type of minor...?
    You know?

    HELP. D: I am lost.
  2. jilmarie

    jilmarie Approved members

    Jan 29, 2007
    I think there are a couple ways to get to a career like that. Most of the clinics that I'm familiar with have medical family therapists. I believe it's a masters program after undergrad. I bet that your psych major advisor would be familiar with the types of programs available. Lots of clinics also employ social workers. I don't think that you would need to make your degree specific to diabetes, but you could look for a job in an endocrine clinic after graduation. Hope that helps a little!

Share This Page

- advertisement -

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice