- advertisement -

may be around spasticly for awhile......

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by LadyBug, Mar 13, 2009.

1. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

Hey guys. i just wanted to let y'all know that i may be on and off but not around as much as i have been. my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer one week ago yesterday and me and Emily(9 y/o sister) found out on sunday. she did a ton of testing yesterday and she's going in for one more tomorrow and then we'll have a better idea of what's going to happen. i'm so freaked out, Emily's going nuts and is nearly impossible to handle when mom's gone(Grandma and other friends are helping, i'm not on my own with her:p) and i'm really worried about dealing with D during this. it keeps going down, especially when mom's at the doctors:rolleyes:.
    anyway, i just wanted to let you guys know i'm not indifferent or anything:eek:

2. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Anna, I am so sorry to hear that about your mom. It is such a scary feeling when you find out the news (((hug))).

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 14. Thankfully, hers was caught very early, and after three lumpectomys to remove the problem areas, and radiation for 6 weeks(5 days a week)...she has been cancer free since then.

I definitely understand that you may not be on for awhile. Just know I am thinking of you all(((hugs)))

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Anna, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's cancer diagnosis. I'm sure you're scarried and upset and that is perfectly fine! There will be good days and there will be bad days, but all you can do is be there for her no matter what. I will be praying for your entire family as you deal with this difficult time.

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Oh Anna I'm so sorry about your mother. I'll be praying for her AND you, that D won't be all crazy on you while a lot of things are going on. (((hugs))).

5. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I'm sorry to hear about the cancer diagnosis, Anna. That must truly be a nightmare. I'll be thinking of you and your family, and I hope D decides to cooperate with you during this time, you deserve it.

6. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I'm sorry Anna:( That must be so scary. I'll be thinking/ praying for you and your family.

7. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

thanks so much guys. it would be hard enough with out D, but with D..............
    and my dad isn't around to help at all, he had to take a job 4-5 hours away and because of.....stuff, it's not really gonna be any help to have him come home. he knows nothing about my D(but mom has asked two of our JDRF mom's to be on call for me if i need someone and mom can't help;)) and Em's.....hurting really bad because of him. me, i've come to terms with it, but she's still hoping he'll change/stop..............
    sorry for that, i just........dunno....i'm overwhelmed, but trying to keep on truckin' for mom and some times....eh, you guys know:(
    we'll know on tuesday hopefully what they're doing first, surgery or chemo:cwds:
    thanks again guys, i really appreciate it:eek:

8. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'm so sorry about the diagnosis. I'll be thinking of all of you during this, and I hope D behaves okay. *hug*

9. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

well, she's starting chemo next tuesday. it'll be for 12 weeks and then she's having surgery and radiation, not sure in what order. i counted out the weeks and if everything goes according to 'plan' her last day of chemo will be one june 16-exactly 5 years after i was diagnosed with diabetes. i mentioned it to her and she looked at me like i was crazy. do you guys think i'm nuts? i just think it's terribly ironic or something like that(can you tell i'm tired :p?).
    one 'thing' that's coming out of this already is i'm taking care of my D more myself. like i'm not asking her before i take glucose tabs when i'm low/don't feel good. i guess it's ok, i just don't wanna mess it up!

10. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

Hey. I just wanted to up date you guys on us and what's going on with us.
    We're down at Grandma and Grandpa's so Grandma can help me and keep an eye on Em without having to driving up and down. It also makes the drive shorter for Mom and Grandpa, who has been driving her and staying with her for everything.
    She had a port put in her chest wall on Monday so they wouldn't have to put an iv in her arm every time for chemo and all the blood draws and stuff. They had to put her under for that since it's considered minor surgery and the anaesthesia didn't sit on her stomach and she got pretty sit Monday night and she was still feeling under the weather yesterday so they didn't start the chemo then as planned.
    She did her first day of chemo Wednesday, then she went back yesterday for a blood test and some fluids with whatever supplements they think he needs. We'll probably be staying down here through Monday so Em and I can go to church on Sunday(and i can go to the youth meet:D) and I'll have some help with Mom(and Em).
    We have the animals with us, that was a bit like a circus the first 24 hours but they've settled down now:rolleyes:.
    my blood sugars have been pretty good, i've been running a lot so a bit on the low side, i went down to 59 last night at dinner time and never felt low, though. creeeeepy! but i'm learning to manage it on my own more, and i'm liking not feeling like i have to ask mom before i take extra carbs or do a temporary basal:D
    the up side of being down here is i'm getting to spend more time with my friends from church that live down here:cool:. i'm going to a soccer game tomorrow, which i'm really happy about and i'm sooo excited about the youth meet!
    just wanted to let y'all know what was going on(and if you got through that post,, brownie points for you! the carb free kind.......:p......)!

11. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Wow, sounds like you've been dealing with a lot Anna:(
    I hope that your BG's get better so you don't have to deal with lows on top of everything else. Thanks for the update.

12. dana.amp

dana.amp Approved members

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers. And I hope Everything turns out okay.

13. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

up date-we've been back from grandma's since thursday....mom's doing good, really tired....my blood sugars have been mostly good, went down pretty bad friday night even though i took 12cg at 110 or something(6? 30 minutes later)....being overwhelmed comes and goes....right now i feel like crap and just want to be with my best friend-the one who is now unfortunately 40 minutes away since we're home.....guess that's about it...........:cwds::cwds::cwds::cwds::cwds::cwds: