advertisement

Mailing a loaner pump to Europe. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by obtainedmist, Apr 9, 2016.

1. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

My daughter is doing a 10 month Fulbright Teaching Assistant gig in the Czech Republic. She's on her 2nd loaner pump due to 2 unsolvable issues with the T:slim. She came home in December and I sent her back with her second loaner pump. Last week she had another failed pump and opened up the loaner I sent her back with. T:slim has been great about sending me yet ANOTHER loaner pump to mail to her (since they can't mail out of the country). Does anyone have any good suggestions for the best way to get this to her. I was planning on sending it with some candy, used clothes etc. and just saying it was a book. I've done this before with other stuff and it got to her just fine. We already have it insured with our homeowner's (since she isn't attached to the loaners we figured it could get lost or stolen). I'm concerned about declaring it as such on a package and insuring it for $4000!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!