- advertisement -

Magazine for parents and children with Diabetes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mdart72, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mdart72

mdart72 Approved members

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knows of a magazine for parents and children with diabetes. Would anyone be interested in a magazine? I wish I had a magazine that my son and I could have looked at together that would trigger conversations and help us both learn. Does anyone have any thoughts??? which is better, online or print??? Thanks!

2. Izzi

Izzi Approved members

I would be interested in a magazine for teens with diabetes. I think it would be cool and make me feel less "lonely"

3. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

5. mdart72

mdart72 Approved members

Thank you for the feedback. Brenda, I love all of the resources you listed, but didn't feel like there is enough information on children and adolescents. And this website is fantastic and I recommend it all the time. I'm looking for resources that really focus on self-management in children and when they can take over some responsibilities, school issues, and something that offers support to both parents and children/adolescents by focusing on some of the issues they deal with day to day. There are so many families doing great things and I love to hear those stories, too. For example, locally, we have a little boy who is 9 years old and recently started a movement to educate people about diabetes, called "What's Your Type" and focuses on educating others about life with diabetes. I think these stories need to be shared to inspire other families. My son is now 22 and that brings more challenges as a parent and I'm not sure I could ever fully prepare him for life on his own and deal with my own anxiety issues. I guess I will take any resources I can find :) thanks again!!