- advertisement -

Mac or PC??? What to buy

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by ecs1516, Mar 26, 2010.

1. chammond

chammond Approved members

:mad::mad::mad:

And what exactly are your sources? You have no idea what you are talking about. This is ridiculous. JK, had to run over from the Healthcare thread!

2. wilf

wilf Approved members

mwahahahahahahahaha.. we don't need sources, we have our experience - day in and day out - of using hardware and software that is compatible and that works and that is a pleasure to use.

You can dig up any number of fusty and tendentious reports asserting that PCs are better - anyone who has used both KNOWS that Macs are superior! :)

3. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

:D LOVE my Mac!!! But one drawback from a d standpoint is that I can't access the Minimed Carelink from my Mac- I need to go on my dh's pc.

4. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Arguing superiority is like trying to prove chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla.

Pick the one that does what you need, at the price you want. If you don't know, then you need to look at what you want to do a bit more closely, and nobody can answer that for you.

I'm a developer and work on the biggest supercomputers in the world, so, I have some perspective into what goes into these machines. (I'll give you a hint: zero of them run Windows OR MacOS). I can also crash a Mac in about 15 seconds, to anyone who thinks they are uncrashable. They are far from perfect!

5. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Well I was always a PC guy, but 3 years ago I bought a Macbook Pro, it was good but not great, last month I just got a new Dell PC, and its great Windows 7 is awesome. Sorry to the mac fans I like mac but prefer PC, more softwares, more options. Yeah I have to deal with the viruses, spams, etc, but you can get protection even for free. Good luck with whatever you decide. ;)

6. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

We are a mac family too :)

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I will refrain from commenting on this issue.

:eek:

Seriously, pc user here - extremely IT challenged (me, not the pc:D), but could never afford a Mac.

BTW, chocolate ice-cream rules:D

8. wilf

wilf Approved members

Nope, chocolate-peanut butter ice cream.. :)

9. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Well, chocolate is the basis, so I guess I do agree with you.

*drooling*

10. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Okay , Okay I hear you Mac fans.:p You love your Mac, but are you able to download your Pumps, meters, and CGMs????? I didn't read that but I read the PCs users do.

11. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Carol, as fas as I know Cozmo was the only pump that was difficult to up load via their software - we could do it, but it wasn't pretty :rolleyes: The ping and the dex software are Mac compatible - not sure about all the meters ... but I'd be willing to bet they all are.

Good luck with your decision :cwds:

12. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

Have you tried the new President's Choice chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream? I don't remember the actual flavour name, it doesn't stay in the house long enough for me to have read the label.

13. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

We use carelink on our Mac, you can run windows on your mac if needed for certain applications.

14. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I have a Windows 7 partition on my Macbook that I use for Carelink. That's the only time I ever use it.

The notion that Mac software never goes on sale is ridiculous. I frequently buy dirt cheap software bundles from MacUpdate and MacHeist. I also use several free programs, like NeoOffice and Quinn and Adium.

I LOVE my Macbook and don't see myself using a PC regularly ever again.