- advertisement -

Mac and Carelink

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Is anyway to fix the problem of getting missing Java plug in on the upload to Carelink on a Mac?

2. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

It happened to me the other week out of the blue. I pressed whatever button the screen told me to press, the regular screen came up, and it has been working fine since. It was a weird blip, though.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

It says to press a button on the upload to install the missing Java but my screen is blank. I am installing Mountain Lion now to see if that helps.

4. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Carol...use Safari instead of Firefox

5. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

also apple changed how Java downloads now, and you get java from apple not sun with the most current release of OSX. We had to upgrade to whatever the most current os (can't remember what cat that is atm)

6. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

I did a software update and a new version of Java loaded and it was good to go.

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Ivy,
    I tried both Safari and Firefox. Strange. The new Mountain Lion I downloaded to try to fix this has now lost iCal function I really used. The snooze funtion with varying time. I haven't had a chance to retry Carelink yet.

8. Sari

Sari Approved members

what Mac are you using? My husband just bought a macbook pro and the usb ports are too fast for the carelink program now. You can call carelink and i think they will send you a fix for it.

9. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Mac a year or two old. Used the Carelink USB on this computer in the past. I thought... or maybe I am losing my mind.

10. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

are you using the web based or the actual software that is also for dr offices?

11. Sari

Sari Approved members

I would call Carelink. they are pretty helpful. They might have you delete the preference file.

12. sharpertech

sharpertech New Member

CareLink Missing Java Plugin

Talked with CareLink support earlier today. If you go to the Java website, click on "Help", which is referenced on the top of the page. Under the title, Top Ten Java Issues click on "Test Java".

The test results gave me the option to enable Java. Once enabled, this corrected the problem.